When to Finance

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2003, 08:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When to Finance

When should I actually sign the contract and get the financing for my new F-150?

I have been informed that it will arrive in Austin and be available to pickup Monday, January 27. He said the invoice will be there about a week before that.

My friend said I should not sign the financing papers and contract until I see the truck. Should I follow his advice?

The reason I figured I'd do it early is so that when the truck gets here, I don't have to worry about it and can pick it up immediately (plus, I plan on parking my old truck at my Grandparents' place the weekend before, since its in such poor shape). My dad said he thinks my friend is right, although neither have special ordered a vehicle. He thinks that if I sign before I see the truck, there could be something wrong when it arrives, and I'd be stuck with it.

Thanks!

Old 01-13-2003, 03:14 PM
Definitely wait until the truck gets there, and make sure you take it for a test drive before signing the contract.

Old 01-13-2003, 06:40 PM
Hi Mscott

Are you saying your truck was ordered from the factory and you didnt have to sign anything + a deposit?

Or is this a dealer ordered truck that you have a chance of getting because your names on a list?

Last time i ordered from factory...i had to sign the papers + a deposit. I already had my non/dealer financing. Dealer did prep/ check off/signoff and i did same and drove off.

Good luck...OT

btw....stuck with a truck not the way you ordered it is hookum! In other words "BS"! Dont get paranoid

Quick Reply: When to Finance