Bedliners, Caps, Tops & Lids
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bed covers: Hard or Roll away?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2002, 01:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bed covers: Hard or Roll away?

Just got a new Harley F150 (Gun Grey), and I want to put a tonneau on it. I like the look of the color keyed hard tonneaus, but I think it would still look nice to have one of the electric roll away tonneau covers from Pace Edwards (I haven't seen any other manufacturers).

www.paceedwards.com

The electric roll aways are black anodized aluminum and are activiated by remote, have a light. . . etc.

I am new to the truck world and I was wondering what the general census on this was.

Old 08-08-2002, 04:09 PM
Other rolltop manufacturers (non-electric):

Roll-N-Lock
Retrax

I am kind of biased towards Retrax - I have had one on each of my trucks.

Be happy to answer any questions you have.

Old 08-08-2002, 05:45 PM
How long have had the retrax? I have seen a retractible hard cover that looked bad after 3 years or so.

My other question is do they have an electric one that you know of?

Old 08-08-2002, 06:47 PM
I had my first Retrax about a year and a half with no fading at all. This one has been on since May. They do not currently offer an electric model, nor have I heard anything about any plans for them to offer one. The primary difference in the Retrax and the other two is that the Retrax doesn't have a fabric top like the PE and the RnL - which requires conditioning/cleaning to keep it looking good. Even then, there may be some concerns about fading. I would be willing to bet money that the one you mentioned that was faded was either a PE or a RnL. However, members on here have been pleased with all three vendors.

I have not personally seen one of the electric PE's installed yet, so can't comment on them.

Any other questions, feel free to post or email me.

Old 08-08-2002, 07:24 PM
Actually, it was a painted aluminum and the paint was peeling The PE is anodized aluminum so it shouldn't peel, although it doesn't have that black sheen

Old 08-11-2002, 12:43 AM
I have a Roll N Lock that is 5 years old and looks as good as it did new. It is anodized black. I clean it 3-4 times a year and it still works like new. I love it and would recommend it to anyone. If you have any questions about the Roll N Lock I would be gald to answer them.

Quick Reply: Bed covers: Hard or Roll away?