Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Access LOMAX tonneau

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2016, 04:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Access LOMAX tonneau

Hey Everyone,

Just recently (Aug) bought a new 2016 F-150 XLT 2.7L TT DI v6 and have been looking for a good tonneau. Well I believe I found the perfect cover for my needs. It is the LOMAX tri-fold by Access. Their first hard folding tonneau. In fact I think it just hit the market in September of this year.

Install took me about 40 minutes and the only tool that is really needed is a 1/2" wrench. (A ratchet wrench works very nicely) Also it doesn't hurt to have a spring clamp to hold the side rails in place when doing the initial install. It is secured using 4 Tight Bite clamps on each rail.

I have taken it for a short drive on the interstate doing 70mph and no movement in the cover. As well, I just ran it thru a touchless car wash and the only water in the bed was at the rear tailgate. A tailgate seal should take care of that.

All in all, it is a great cover that fits extremely snug, low profile and has a great powder coated finish on the aluminum panels.

How it holds up over the long term, only time will tell, but as of right now, I am extremely happy with it.

Attached Thumbnails Access LOMAX tonneau-img_20161028_075353.jpg   Access LOMAX tonneau-img_20161028_075406.jpg   Access LOMAX tonneau-img_20161028_075418.jpg  
Old 10-29-2016, 09:57 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
That's a great looking cover! I had the Access Low Pro roll up on my truck before I put a topper on and really liked the design and quality, actually I sold it to a friend of mine who is still using it ten years later. Definitely get a tailgate seal, that will keep dust and water out most of the time, I also sealed any openings in the bed just to keep dust out.

Old 02-08-2017, 10:51 PM
I'm curious as to how your cover is holding up? I ordered one last week for my new 2016 Screw 5.5', opened up the box and set it on the bed to look it over, then promptly put it back in the box and had UPS pick it back up the next day.

I was very disappointed in the construction and feel of it for a number of reasons, although most were related to the "hinges":

1) The seals and edges of the cover sat way too close the edges of the rails for my liking.
2) The "hinges" of the panels were just strips of a vinyl-type material that were adhered to the main panels.
3) The "hinges" were already peeling off in a number of places from the main panels, which shows the adhesive is very sub-par.
4) The "hinges" being flexible don't give a nice folding action from a fixed point, as the material can bunch up and not fold squarely.
5) The overall feel of the cover was flimsy and I'm willing to bet I could have easily pulled up on the main panel from the center above the tailgate and flexed it enough to open it without actually releasing the latches.

It looked nice, and had a very sleek and clean appearance, but it definitely wasn't worth $850!

Old 07-14-2017, 03:06 PM
Love my Lomax

I've had a Lomax since they released and they are a fantastic cover! They worked out a few of the issues they had in the past and they have come a long way with the cover itself! Super sleek design and sheds water with ease. I take mine through the car wash all the time without issues!