Bedliners, Caps, Tops & Lids
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My new Leer 180XL on my 2015

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2015, 04:22 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My new Leer 180XL on my 2015

Well, I dropped a pretty penny, and gotta admit it was a pretty purchase! This looks goooooood. Yes the glass door's lip matches the aerodynamic goofy tailgate. It doesn't look as bad as I thought it would. And yes, you can rest your beer there. Heh. One legit concern, was hitting the remote tailgate accidentally forgetting to open the glass first. Nope, doesn't even move because of the rubber seals touching it. And no, I'm not gonna bother trimming them back.

Midrise bump for a larger opening under the cap. There's no seamline above the normal cap height like my father's old cap, so this looks far more appropriate. It all looks like it's supposed to be part of the vehicle. Very nice. Carpeted interior. Very nice with the Bedrug inside. All fuzzy and Velcro friendly!

My old Jason cap had only 36" for fitting a washing machine or a table saw or a roto-tiller, now I'm at 40" opening with an extra 6" inside there. Plus, the hinges reached under the seamline, which means I lost even more clearance from them. The seamless glass all around, no aluminum framing showing outside. Hinges above the opening. The rotary latch is LEAPS and BOUNDS better than my push-button latch.

Inside the cap, the lip that rests on the bed rails is probably 1-1/2" wider than my last cap. There's enough room to take a few small pouches or a tool box, stick Velcro on the bottom, and set them there permanently! I kinda dig that! I'll go get those canvas pouches from Harbor Freight, and rivet on some Velcro strips.

I got the option for the 12 volt power ports, to help with my tire pump if I ever need to reach the trailer's tires. The interior light is rigged to the parking lights, though, and I wanna rewire it to the bed lights. Then, I'll add my ground effects lights to the corners of the cap like last time, so the whole bed will be lit up like the fourth of July when loading gear at night.

Also got the Petguard metal mesh over the screens. I wish they would offer the metal mesh the whole length of the glass! It's a nice security measure. Plus it'll help if stuff shifts side to side in a sharp turn and bangs against the glass.

Only complaints so far, are the latch cable's interior cover has kinda-sorta sharp edges that the cable can rub against. I'll just use a rat tail file and round them smooth. No biggie. And the third brake light. It's so white! Shoulda been a continuous red lens. It kinda stands out against the darker blue. I dunno. Personal preference, I'll shaddap.

Anyway, here's some pictures. And yes, the band logo went on as soon as I got home! I ordered that thing before I got the truck! I was ready!

At the dealer as soon as they slapped it on. Yes it's already filthy with road dust. Curse you, construction zones!

Quick Reply: My new Leer 180XL on my 2015