Bedliners, Caps, Tops & Lids
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tonneau not locking

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2014, 10:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tonneau not locking

I have an '06 F150 with the ARE tonneau cover that locks/unlocks with my power lock system.

The latch no longer locks with my power lock system. Has anyone experienced this?

I plan to take it apart when I have the time, but I'm hoping someone has an educated guess as to which parts I can order (or be prepared to pay for) in advance.

I never thought I'd like a tonneau cover but it came with the truck and it's been great to have.

Any thoughts, input, or experience would be appreciated.

Old 03-08-2014, 03:52 PM
Since we all love pictures on forums...

This is the handle from the outside

This is what the back looks like when you remove it from the truck.
On the right is the plug for the power input, the square piece of metal in the center is what controls the latches. When you turn the handle, that square piece turns, which causes the arms to extend and retract.

The square piece of metal fits in the square hole. The two arms are the parts that extend/retract. When they extend, they keep the tonneau from opening.

This is the electric motor that is sealed inside of the ARE handle. The motor is supposed to push a piece of plastic back & forth to lock the handle. I think my motor is malfunctioning, or not getting power.

Old 03-08-2014, 03:55 PM
That's all I had time for today. I'll have to spend a little more time with it to figure it out.

Quick Reply: Tonneau not locking