Bedliners, Caps, Tops & Lids
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Getting LINE-X Sat...advice?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2001, 05:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Getting LINE-X Sat...advice?

I am getting a LINE-X sprayed in Saturday on my truck. Anyone have any suggestions as far as what to look for when I pick it up? As far as inspecting it?

Thanks

Old 08-30-2001, 08:55 PM
Scoob,

I'm having mine done next Wednesday, so let me and the board know how it goes and what your thoughts are on it. Do me a favor and ask them if they can vary the size of the granular texture as they spray it on. I heard from someone they can vary the size of the 'curd' to affect the texture finish.

Old 08-30-2001, 10:30 PM
Will do...cant wait to get it done.

The price I got was $355 minus $40 for firefighter discount= $315

Old 08-30-2001, 10:32 PM
make sure the remove the tailgate access cover and spray it separately so if you ever have to remove it it isn't stuck.

they should also remove the tie-down and such but i can't believe anybody would be in the business and not know that.

Old 08-30-2001, 11:41 PM
Scooby,

If you haven't gone to the Line-X website, do so. You can also print out a $20 coupon and drive your price down even more.

As the poster after you said, make sure they remove all your cleat tie-downs, bolts in the bed, drains, tailgate, etc. In other words, anything that might need to be removed in the future for service so you don't have to penetrate the surface of your finish.

You sound pretty pumped about it. Judging by what I have heard and read about it here, so am I. After this, I might even get a bed rug to put down over it and really seal the deal, but we'll see.

By the way, ask them if they spray on a UV inhibitor like Rhino can if you want to pay anywhere from $85 to $100 extra. All it does is greatly reduce the fading over time, but the Line-X material itself is completely unaffected either way. I guess you could say its more of a look thing. Since I'll have a Pace Edwards cover over the top when I'm not hauling something, it probably won't matter for me.

Waitin' to hear....

Old 08-31-2001, 12:00 AM
When I first had my bed sprayed, I had them remove the bed bolts. However after I picked it up, the 4 silver bolts in a sea of black looked a little off, so I had him spray the bolts. They just didn't look right, the tie-downs and plugs at the front are also black, so the bolts just didn't seem to fit.
Of course it's your truck, so I can't say what you'll like or dislike, but you may want to consider it. It cost me an additional $35 to have them spray the bolts, but it looks great now.

Old 08-31-2001, 10:50 AM
My buddy had his done...I'm considering it for mine, but I would request that they omit the little plastic, bright yellow "Line-X" logo.

Old 09-01-2001, 09:58 PM
Thumbs up LOOKS AWESOME!!!!

They did a great job. They removed everything (bed bolts, front plugs, tie downs, tailgate access cover, cargo cage clips and tiedown holes. They did a great job. Looks better than I thought it would!!

Paid an extra $25 for the plug holes in the front of the bed to be trimmed back down to factory size and the rubber plugs put back in.

$354 out the door.

Thefoyboy:

I was getting the $40 firefighter discount and they told me about the $20. They dont combine discounts. I am still pretty pleased about the price. Lowest in my area, and best I have seen in quality!!

Old 09-02-2001, 01:12 AM
Scoob,

Thrilled to hear it went well. Now I can't wait for next Wednesday to get mine done.

YOu giving any consideration to put in a bedrug?

Old 09-02-2001, 10:48 AM
Bedrug...

Havent really given it any thought. The main reason I went ahead and got the bed sprayed was because I am starting to build a house in about a month and knew that the bed would get used alot in the next few months so I wanted to protect it. I am gonna see how stuff slides around too, some have said that the line-X doesnt allow things to slide as easy. Will let you know.

Old 09-02-2001, 01:41 PM
Scoob,

Definitely a good time to line the bed. Did you get to watch the process? I know I couldn't because when they scratch the bed up for the adhering of the liner, it would hurt so bad to see that. I am most curious to see how the liner stands up with serious use and it sounds like you are going to be doing that.

Old 09-02-2001, 09:34 PM
I didnt get to watch...

He asked me if I was gonna stay and watch and I said no...I had to meet with builder and agent anyway.

He said "thats good...by the look of your truck you might start crying when we start sanding the bed"

LOL

Glad I didnt watch. I still cant get over how much better it makes the truck look. Only problem (if you can call it that) is that tailgate closes more softly now. But still closes firmly.

Quick Reply: Getting LINE-X Sat...advice?