Bedliners, Caps, Tops & Lids
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bedrug, Bedlocker, Powergate, and Weathergate Coordinated installs Post 1

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2014, 07:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bedrug, Bedlocker, Powergate, and Weathergate Coordinated installs Post 1

Bedrug and Pace Edwards (PE) Bedlocker, Powergate, and Weathergate Coordinated Installation Instructions.
Had a Bedrug, Bedlocker, and Weathergate on my old ’05 F-150 Lariat Super Crew. Loved ‘em! This is my first experience with the Powergate (tailgate locker) install and use.
Truck: 2013 Ford F-150 4x4 Platinum Super Crew with Tailgate Step, Bed Extender, and Power Running Boards.
Bedrug model #: BRQ09SCSGK
Bedlocker model #: BLF2843
Powergate model #: LK370
Weathergate model #: N/A
Considerations:
A. Powergate instructions that were provided are written for 2010 year models and older. Pace Edwards does not provide any instructions for 2011 or newer models. The instructions are occasionally inaccurate or just flat wrong. I developed an elegant solution that was reviewed and endorsed by two local Ford dealers. Feedback and recommendations were provided to Pace Edwards with no response at time of this writing.
I. Two wires will need to be lengthened and four shortened.
B. Bedlocker wiring harness is approximately two (2) feet too short for installation on the battery in accordance with instructions. I developed an elegant solution that was reviewed and endorsed by two local Ford dealers.
C. Installation steps for the products were interleaved resulting no “re-work” (remove/adjust something just installed) and saving installation time overall.
D. Tie down hooks are installed on the outside of the Bedrug and are not covered up by the Bedrug. I do it this way to limit dirt and water from getting between the Bedrug and the bed of the truck. Follow the Bedrug instruction’s step 7 if you want the tie down hook bolts covered by/underneath the Bedrug.
E. Total install time took approximately 8 hours….but I’m very picky and take my time. It can be completed faster.
F. In addition to the tools and materials listed in the various instructions, the following tools and materials will be needed:
I. Ten (10) additional wire ties
II. Drill and spade bits (3/4 and ˝ inch)
III. Three (3) feet each of gray and purple 18 gauge wire (this is longer than needed but leaves room for mistakes). Hint: Check with auto or motorcycle shops if you don’t want a whole roll.
IV. Two (2) 18-22 gauge ring terminal
V. Four (4) 18-22 gauge male nylon insulated quick release terminals
VI. Two (2) splice devices of your choice (twist wires together, solder, cover in heat shrink; 18-22 gauge butt splice connectors; 18-22 gauge solderless wire quick splice connector; etc.)
VII. Two (2) 2in x 1 in or larger hook and loop fastener strips. I used Velcro brand industrial strength strips 4in x 1 in. You will only need the “cloth” portion.
VIII. 4298 Adhesive promoter or plastics bonding system. I used Loctite All Plastics Super Glue. You will only need the activator.

Quick Reply: Bedrug, Bedlocker, Powergate, and Weathergate Coordinated installs Post 1