Bedliners, Caps, Tops & Lids
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crud Removal from Line-X Premium

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2013, 03:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Crud Removal from Line-X Premium

Got my new 2013 F150 bed done with Line-X premium. The place did a nice job and also did the tailgate edges. Came out great.

I purchased a Bakflip G2 from a different place. It arrived and I had it installed by the dealer. Got it home and noticed a few footprints inside the bed. Waited for the weekend to hose it out. The footprints didn't wash out. Looks like it wasn't mud, but some sort of caulk or putty.

I wouldn't care if the liner was already scuffed and had some battle damage from use, but the thing's only a couple weeks old.

I don't want to create dull spots on a brand new liner or possibly damage it. Can I safely use something like Goof Off on Line-X Premium? Not interested in taking it back to the place where I got it.

Old 12-20-2013, 03:53 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How long apart was the Line-X applied and the cover installed?

Old 12-20-2013, 03:57 PM
It was around 4 days between the Line-X application and the Bakflip installation.

Old 12-20-2013, 07:25 PM
I suggest you use automotive soap and water. If necessary, use a soft brush, do NOT use a stiff brush.

Old 12-25-2013, 04:09 PM
4 days, wow. In most cases, Line-X fully cures in 24 hours, and its basically set as soon as they finish spraying. Mustve been something else done by the Cover install.

Old 12-25-2013, 06:38 PM
Originally Posted by Sbradenadams
4 days, wow. In most cases, Line-X fully cures in 24 hours, and its basically set as soon as they finish spraying. Mustve been something else done by the Cover install.
I re-read the threads. I don't think the four days was related to the cure time.

Quick Reply: Crud Removal from Line-X Premium