Bedliners, Caps, Tops & Lids
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Retrax One or Pro

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2013, 08:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Retrax One or Pro

The Retrax looks like the favored hard roll up when compared to others. At first I looked at the RollBak but after searching the site the Retrax seems more popular. So what are the pros and maybe cons between the base model One and the Pro? Besides costing $600 more and being aluminum why else is the Pro better? Maybe looks like the Pro has the lifetime warranty and the One doesn't? Thanks in advance. Just seems there has to be more to the Pro being that its 1/3 more.

Old 11-13-2013, 03:22 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The RetraxOne and the RetraxPro are exactly the same except for:

1. RetraxOne is made of Lexan (polycarbonate plastic), RetraxPro is made of aluminum.
2. RetraxOne has one lock and locks on only one side of the cover. RetraxPro has one lock, but locks on both sides of the cover.
3. RetraxOne = 1 year warranty, RetraxPro = Limited lifetime warranty.

Unlike any other retractable cover, the Retrax covers are not spring loaded and thus do not lock every 12 inches. Move the cover into any position and lock it in place.

Old 11-13-2013, 07:02 PM
Originally Posted by TruckGasm
The RetraxOne and the RetraxPro are exactly the same except for:

1. RetraxOne is made of Lexan (polycarbonate plastic), RetraxPro is made of aluminum.
2. RetraxOne has one lock and locks on only one side of the cover. RetraxPro has one lock, but locks on both sides of the cover.
3. RetraxOne = 1 year warranty, RetraxPro = Limited lifetime warranty.

Unlike any other retractable cover, the Retrax covers are not spring loaded and thus do not lock every 12 inches. Move the cover into any position and lock it in place.
Awesome. Thanks TruckGasm. That's makes it easier to select which one to roll with.

Old 11-15-2013, 06:13 PM
I have a Retrax Pro and love, love, love it. Almost anytime I buy something I have at least a little buyer's remorse. This was not the case with the Retrax Pro. When I was researching mine, I often read that the Lexan Retrax would rattle where as the Retrax Pro does not. I'm not sure if that is true or not, but I can tell you my Retrax Pro has never rattled that I could hear.

Old 11-15-2013, 08:33 PM
Originally Posted by Hubster
I have a Retrax Pro and love, love, love it. Almost anytime I buy something I have at least a little buyer's remorse. This was not the case with the Retrax Pro. When I was researching mine, I often read that the Lexan Retrax would rattle where as the Retrax Pro does not. I'm not sure if that is true or not, but I can tell you my Retrax Pro has never rattled that I could hear.
Ok yeah I heard the Lexan ones sometimes rattle but I did not know about the Pro. I could only assume due to different materials that hopefully it wouldn't rattle. It's good to hear it's quiet. It also seems the Lexan can get fine cracks in it. Maybe that's from the old supplier or maybe even the new ones. I dunno. I was leaning at the Pro based on the warranty and powdercoated aluminum. Now I feel really good about choosing that model. Thank you for sharing.

Old 03-22-2014, 09:03 AM
Powertrax Pro

Just installed Retrax Powertrax Pro yesterday and am real happy I did.

Awesome cover, fast to open/close and like being able to stop it in any position. It is quiet when driving too, no rattles.

I met a guy who just installed the Pace Edwards power cover and has had it back in the shop 3 times due to product problems...NOT install problems. I talked to the installer later and he stated he will not sell that brand due to all the quality issues and that he installed it for the guy after the customer bought it himself online and paid for an install.

Installer said he never gets "bring backs" on ANY retrax products...I chose wisely.

Old 06-19-2014, 11:57 AM
I had a Retrax One installed recently by my local Ford dealer. It works smoothly and as intended. No rattles, no noise at all. I'm satisfied.

Trending Topics

Old 08-16-2014, 05:55 PM
Liked my R-1

Originally Posted by irishtom29
I had a Retrax One installed recently by my local Ford dealer. It works smoothly and as intended. No rattles, no noise at all. I'm satisfied.
I had a RetraxOne on my KR for about 18 months and had no problems with it, even working out in dry, dusty areas. A couple of times I used a wax block along the rails where it slides; bought canning-sealing wax that is used for people who can their own vegetables, etc. It seemed to work great.

I never noticed any noise from it, but at 80 mph with a desert wind blowing about 35-40, I would see it bouncing a little bit.

Recently had a change in my duties and carry lots more "stuff" so now have an A.R.E. topper with shelf units on each side.

If anyone wants a great deal on a used RetraxONE, now sitting in my garage, let me know. I'm in the Tulsa, Oklahoma area.

Quick Reply: Retrax One or Pro