Bedliners, Caps, Tops & Lids
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Access Bed Cover gap at front of box

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2013, 02:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Access Bed Cover gap at front of box

When I bought my '08 SCREW this fall, I had the dealer installed an Access Roll Up Bed Cover. I noticed the other day, there is a gap along the front of the box between the box and bed cover. The box has the factory plastic bed rail caps, but there is nothing along the front. I'm assuming for throw in plastic bed-liner to come up and over the front of the box. There is a small flap on the bed cover that helps seal it off, but it's barely long enough to cover the gap. I'm going to look at trying to lower the whole cover to see if that will help, but I don't want it too far below the bed rails to allow water to sit there and seep inside the box. I was thinking of getting some thick foam tape and sticking that on the front top face of the box to reduce the gap. Is this the fix here, or has any one come up with any other slick options? I know it won't be 100% water tight, but I'd like to keep what I can out. Also how about along the edges of the tail gate?
Thanks!
mod600

Old 10-29-2013, 10:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You shouldn't have a problem at the tailgate. On top of the bulhead, you may need to apply some foam tape which you can buy an auto store. Apply it to the truck, not the cover. However, if a foam tape seal is needed, it usually comes with the cover. I recommend you call Access direct for instructions. They may even send you a free seal!

Here's their number: 866-414-5422

Quick Reply: Access Bed Cover gap at front of box