Bedliners, Caps, Tops & Lids
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bull-Ring Tiedowns Added (Pics)

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2013, 09:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bull-Ring Tiedowns Added (Pics)

As many of you with newer 5.5" truck bed know, they don't come with the bed rails cut for access to the stake pockets. So I cut out the pockets on my 2013 Raptor Screw. I then added some "Bull-Ring Tie Downs" from Bullring USA. http://www.bullringusa.com/shop/bull-ring-tie-downs/

I didn't measure, I just eyed the stake pockets and started cutting with the cut-off wheel on my Dremmel Tool. I then used some small pieces of wood which were glued to the underside of the bed rail using Gorilla Glue. In other posts, you'll notice that you'll have to reinforce the bed rail before you tighten the rigs down or else it'll cave in around it.

This is a "two beer" project...made much easier with the Dremmel. The tie-downs are very easy to install and remove. I plan to use these as a type of "plug" to cover the stake pockets. My next project is to build a wooden canoe rack for duck season that will fit down in the stake pockets. I doubt I'll ever use these tie-downs, but like I said, they'll make a nice plug.

Old 10-16-2013, 09:56 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had no idea my SCREW had bed pockets. I figured since it didn't have the holes cut out, there wasn't anything underneath.

Old 10-16-2013, 06:13 PM
they look good, curious how they are attached?

Old 10-16-2013, 06:42 PM
There's a video on the website.

There's a piece that catches the underside/inside of the pocket. You have hold that up with the hook them catch it with the two screws.

Old 10-16-2013, 08:11 PM
oh i see, its sandwiching the bedside sheetmetal.... sorry no you tube at work and my data on my phone is almost up, no wifi either, lol

Old 10-30-2013, 03:55 AM
And here is why I cut out the stake pockets...I needed room to slide in my home build canoe/kayak/ladder rack for duck season.

I drew this up quick one day at work:

Quick Reply: Bull-Ring Tiedowns Added (Pics)