Bedliners, Caps, Tops & Lids
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Going Rate for a used bed cover?!

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2013, 03:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Going Rate for a used bed cover?!

I have an Edge by Covermaster fiberglass cover (off my 07 crew cab, f150). It is in very good condition, no scratches etc...it does have some speckles of polish on it from where it was stored from work done nearby it. Yea I shoulda covered it up better.

They do come right off though, I just didnt have anything available today to get it off safely and efficiently. I figured a clay bar or some kinda bug/tar cleaner would probably do it quickly.

Anyhow, I plan to sell it. It's been sitting where its been since April of last year LOL. I haul my, and my buddies dirt bikes quite a bit in the summer, so I don't wanna be taking it on and off and on and off. I ride right up into December (weather permitting), and right back riding again by March (weather permitting)...so its really pointless for me, but could be great for someone else.

I know they are a lil pricey NEW...just wondering what you guys would pay, or think a FAIR price is for it. Im sure its a few years old.

Again, besides the polish which will easily come off....the paint is in excellent condition, the hardware on the underside isnt "NEW" looking, but fully functional, hence the overall "very good" condition. I was also wondering how big of a factor I should expect the paint color to be. Seems someone could have it shot pretty easily/ cheaply.

Thanks!

Old 06-02-2013, 05:44 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
if its a painted cover its harder to sell since the color would have to match or be repainted.

I paid 400 and had to paint it, for a used snug top back in 2009

Old 06-02-2013, 05:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Patman
if its a painted cover its harder to sell since the color would have to match or be repainted.

I paid 400 and had to paint it, for a used snug top back in 2009
Thanks pat. Yea it is definitely painted to matched to my truck. I don't know if they come that way (i assume), or previous owner had it painted. I bought the truck with it on, and while it was nice to have for some things. It's obviously impossible to carry taller stuff in that have to be at the front (IE my bike) haha. So, while I don't really wanna sell it...it makes more sense then it sitting where it is for all but maybe 4-5 months out of the year tops

Old 06-02-2013, 06:17 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I've seen fiberglass caps for $650 to $1000 and fiberglass lids for $300 to $600. Depending on condition of course.

Quick Reply: Going Rate for a used bed cover?!