Bedliners, Caps, Tops & Lids
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LineX question

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 09:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LineX question

I have an 06 FX4 Crew. A am thinking about getting a lineX. Right now I have a drop in bedliner. The problem is my bed has a few 2-4 inch diameter dents in the bottom and a lot of scratches. This was before I owned it. My question is if the lineX will still look good with the dents? I am in between leaving the drop in or buying the lineX. Your comments will be appreciated. Thanks. I will try to get some pics up soon of the dents.

Old 10-27-2008, 11:05 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Scratches = no problem.

Dents = Generally, LINE-X is not a fill-in product. But, if the dents are not too deep, the dealer can spray them, sand, spray, sand, etc. until it does fill in and becomes even with the rest of the bedliner. You'll have to let the dealer take a look at it and see if he will do that for you.

Last edited by TruckGasm; 10-27-2008 at 04:38 PM.
Old 10-27-2008, 02:49 PM
I had a few small dents in mine. About the size of a fist. You can hardly tell they are there. I love my line-x ! The only thing I don't like is thet the warranty is not tranferable if I were to sell it.

Old 10-28-2008, 09:35 PM
Technical Article Contributor

My bed prior to Line-x was scratched like crazy and had dents in the sides/Wheel well part. After getting my Line-x sprayed on, I see no scratches and cant see dents. I may be able to see them if I stare at the same spot long enough but looking at it with meticulously staring at 1 spot for a dent its perfect.

You may be able to notice the big dents a little but the Line-x will still look great and wont look messed up in anyway on them.

Old 11-19-2008, 08:20 PM
Just had my Linex done today. When I was first considering it, the tech showed me some pics of ones he had done. One was this old beater that some car lot brought in just trying to improve the appearance to get it sold.

This thing had dents, rust, you name it. Of course he didn't flatten all the dents out, but just covering them in the black Linex improves the appearance 100%.

Old 11-22-2008, 03:50 PM
Scratches wont matter...they will scratch the heck out of it anyway to properly prep it. As far the the dents, you can always fill them with bondo sand it smooth and it will be sprayed over and you will never know.

Quick Reply: LineX question