Bedliners, Caps, Tops & Lids
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do It Yourself????

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2006, 09:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do It Yourself????

Has anyone tried say the herculiner or the bondo kit. My wife and I like the Spray in/ roll on type bed liners; but the cash flow isn't there..

Any suggestions/ comments

Old 06-04-2006, 09:44 AM
When I bought my truck someone did a DIY liner in it. It works but they did a horriable job and it looks like hell. Never done one myself, but to look right take it to a pro.

Old 06-04-2006, 02:37 PM
I had herculiner on my 1997 Flareside, it worked out ok, I couldn't afford the pro's to do it so I did it myself, just take your time and expect to spend the ENTIRE DAY sanding and cleaning and masking off then rolling it on(dont' forget to plug your drain holes) let it sit overnight before you use it. the instructions are really easy to follow and the herculiner kit comes with everything you need.

Old 06-06-2006, 01:52 AM
Originally Posted by tl3demon
Has anyone tried say the herculiner or the bondo kit. My wife and I like the Spray in/ roll on type bed liners; but the cash flow isn't there..

Any suggestions/ comments
My cousin applied his own roll-on bed liner in his short box Ram 1500 4x4, and its like a lot of DIY jobs; looks good from far but far from good. Biggest difference is the thickness of the application. My old man's Ram 3500 has the Rhino Liner in it and the stuff is about a quater inch thick, whereas the DIY is hardly thicker than paint. As a tip, if the kit doesn't come with it, be sure to sprinkle some sand into the wet product to give it some extra grip.

My two cents... good luck and be patient
Tanner

Old 06-10-2006, 11:15 AM
Actually instead of adding 'sand' at the home center you can get non-slip paint additive for about 5$ (stuff works great). It's all about the prep you do though, and if it ends up to thin, do another coat. Still cheaper than Rhino or linex, who am I to talk though, I went for Rhino and it rocks