Bedliners, Caps, Tops & Lids
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BedRug question

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2005, 09:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
personally whenever I have a bolt that gets cross-threaded or whatever, I always lop the head off with a dremel (if I can squeeze it in there) and then drill on the rest. I hate cross-threading!

Old 08-05-2005, 01:40 PM
thanks for all the advice everyone. im gonna try Matts way, my friend has a dremel, so ill give that a shot! thanks again!

Old 08-07-2005, 01:46 AM
just thought Id give u guys an update. i got it off but i used a combination of all your techniques. First i drilled off the head of the bolt with a friends drimel. then i took a smaller drill bit and went straight throught the bolt until i went all the way through, then i sprayed it with some WD-40, once that settles, i took a revese drill bit and put it in the hole i made with the drill and was able to twist it out. I just want to thank everyone on here for their help and input!

Old 08-07-2005, 03:37 PM
Thumbs up

I got motivated from reading this thread -I went out and moved my tie downs to the outside of the Bedrug. Took 30 minutes from Tonneau cover opening to closing. After I removed the tie downs, I reinstalled the two screws (I didn't seat them - only engaged a few threads to hold them) then put the bedrug back in place. I then made the slits over the middle of the screws, then pushed the heads through the slits so that the screws protruded through the material ( I don't remember anyone mentioning this before- maybe it was implied). Removed/reinstalled one at a time with the tie down. Looks good. Thanks to everyone for the technique advice.

Old 08-10-2005, 04:50 PM
Just thought I'd update; I got the BedRug today, but ran into a slight problem. I took out the old bedliner, but when I was taking off one of the tie downs, I had a screw break in half. I know SilverBF150 had a stripped screw, and drilled it out. Will this work for me, because my screw is not stripped, its just cut in half. Any (fast) help would be greatly appreciated. Also, will most hardware stores have the screw I need, or am I going to have to go searching for this?

Quick Reply: BedRug question