Bedliners, Caps, Tops & Lids
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Retrax vs Rollbak?

Old 02-09-2005, 02:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Retrax vs Rollbak?

Anyone have experience with these covers? Trying to decide between them for my new F150 KR Screw

Old 02-11-2005, 11:13 PM
My cousin just got the Retrax and loves it. It is very sturdy.the top glides on bearing and you can move it in and out from the side.It also looks very cool. Low profile.
I'm looking into the Roll Bak because it is pretty close to the same style as the Retrax but the unit doesn't cover your stake pockets and the top glides on felt. I'm not 100% on which one I want, I'm still researching......good luck

Old 02-28-2005, 10:06 AM
I'm in the same boat.

The thing that turns me off about Retrax (and it may be baseless), is that in all the pics I've seen, the Retrax is so... shiny. I want a flat finish, not a glossy, just-waxed finish. The factory bedrails are flat, so I'd like the cover to be flat as well.

Somebody tell me, am I just seeing photos of prettied-up Retrax covers, or are they actually shiny like that?

Same for the Rollbak - is it flat like that, or are the pics just not of glossed-up Rollbaks?

Old 02-28-2005, 11:38 AM
The Retrax is shiny.
I decided to go with the Retrax.
After a lot of research, the Retrax has more +'s than -'s. There are no springs to brake or jam. No straps to pull from the center. If you have to you can trim the pockets out if you need to. It also has the smallest drum. you can open and close it to any position you like. It also has a locking mech.
It does come down to what you like to look at thou.
Good luck

Old 03-03-2005, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by MRBIG

It does come down to what you like to look at thou.
well, not completely, and I appreciate your feedback on it. Gives me something to think about.

Tell me, do they have local dealers, or can I only order from them direct?

Old 03-03-2005, 10:17 PM
So far the best price I found was from: http://www.truckgadgets.com/index.html

You have to call them to get a price. They do discount for being on forums.
Good luck

Old 03-07-2005, 08:26 PM
Take a look at this

Here is another bed cover worth looking at. It is not shiny black and when retracted it does not really take up too much of the bed. I had it on my last truck (2000 F-150) and I realy liked it. The downside is that it is not guaranteed to be waterproof. I really don't know any rollback cover that is though. The company shipped in a timely manner and I did install with a buddy. It is quite durable. It is held in place with two shocks at the front of the bed. It does not stand too tall above the bed rail and also does not cover the bed rail holes. It is also lockable for security. Just a thought for you to look at.

www.peragon.com

Old 03-07-2005, 08:29 PM
Check this out

One more thing, I ordered mine from a company called Cargogear.

Here is their website

www.cargogear.com

Old 08-31-2008, 04:47 PM
Retrax with Stakehole Pockets

For some extra $$ you can have the retrax ordered with the stake holes cut out from the factory. It is a special order but I'm having it done for my truck. No word on how it is as a cover, it comes in a week. Can't wait!

Old 08-31-2008, 06:53 PM
RLV
Retrex cover

I ordered a Retrax cover for my truck and when it arrived and I installed it I discoved the cover was cracked. You could not see the crack until it was installed. I had a hard time returnnig it. I had to get the credit card comp. involved before I was able to get a refund.I got another cover from Truck Covers USA I am happy with this cover.

Last edited by RLV; 08-31-2008 at 06:56 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 08-31-2008, 07:01 PM
I have one and I love it . It is shiny and you have to take care of it like you would the rest of your truck with wash and shammy and it looks like new. It hasn't leeked yet but I am about to go through hurricane Gustav,that should be a good test for it.

Old 09-03-2008, 12:50 AM
Bear in mind that the Retrax unit is made of Lexan plastic. If you hate swirl marks on a black paint job, you'll be unhappy with the Retrax unit.

Old 09-19-2008, 06:21 PM
I have a Rollbak and I think it is the best thing i have done to my truck. The thing is very easy to install with minimal tools. It is set up to stop every foot so you can partially cover your load and still have room for taller cargo. I am 260lbs and have no problem walking across the top. It locks so you can keep things dry and locked up on a road trip. I would recommend it. The only thing you have to do is keep the rails lubricated, if you dont it has a tendancy to get stuck.

Old 09-22-2008, 07:29 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Authorized Retrax dealers are not allowed to discount more than 10% from the suggested retail price including shipping if the dealer is quoting publically (like on the internet). Otherwise, the dealer can sell the cover at any price they wish. So, you might be able to buy a cover at a less expensive price if you find a local dealer.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Retrax vs Rollbak?