Bedliners, Caps, Tops & Lids
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Combat spray in liner

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2004, 05:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Combat spray in liner

I've been looking around at the spray in bed liners and around here (Norfolk, VA) and there is one called Combat. I have been debating between Line X and Combat over what to put into my truck and was just wondering if anyone has had experience with Combat and how it compares to Line X.

Combat told me they could do my bed for $375, havn't been quoted on a price for Line X. It's a 1999 Ford F-150 with an eight foot bed, I don't want over the rail because I have the rail guards.

Combat website

- Chris

Old 07-06-2004, 09:44 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DON'T DO IT! Let me explain. There are basically three types of spray in liners on the market. Most of them are made of 100% polyurethane, such as Rhino, Toff, Speedliner, Superliner, on and on and on. A few of them, like Combat are make of 100% polyurea. LINE-X is a blend of polyurethane and polyurea. Both polyurethane and polyurea have properties that are desireable. A blend is best way to go. Polyurea does the following: Raises the temperature tolerance, has better chemical resistance, dries faster, keeps water out of the mix prior to spraying which makes for a more dense finished product and better adhesion, makes a harder liner. Polyurethane does the following: Gives the liner a higher elongation in a lower modulus, gives the liner 2-3 times the abraision resistance than polyurea. You should also know that polyetheramine and other amine reactants in a typical polyurea formula have a tendency to yellow somewhat more than the hydroxyl polyol based polyurethane. SO, what's the answer? GO WITH LINE-X!!

Old 07-06-2004, 10:45 AM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Line-X of Yorktown sprayed my truck over five years ago, no issues.

I think the same owner has the York and southside franchise.

Old 07-06-2004, 12:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the explination on the different forms of the spray in liners. I am pretty sure that I'll be going with Line-X, it does seem to be a better liner, even seems to look a lot better then the Combat does. I see a lot of truck beds everyday and the Combat beds always look very thin and cheap. The guy from Combat says that a lot of contractors go with them but I can tell you, the contractors that come to Home Depot, almost all of them have Line-X if they have a spray in liner.

- Chris

Quick Reply: Combat spray in liner