Articles & How-To's *NOW WITH VIDEO SECTION!*

How to install PIAA 540 fog lights, 04-08 F150

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2010, 01:35 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Skrewd
Has anyone thought about picking up a factory light switch WITH fog light and wiring it up to that? Doesn't seem like it would be too tough.
It could be done easily. A few problems with that though. First if you wire with your factory fogs, your bright **** lights come on only with fogs, and you can't have your bright **** lights with your brights. I think that's the reason most don't do it because I too considered it.

Old 02-19-2011, 09:57 PM
Thanks for the write up i liked it so much i went an bought a pair i think im going to put them were my factory fogs are

Old 09-04-2012, 07:46 PM
I have a similar set up for my lights on my bull bar. I am just confused on one part. I need to run a wire from the switch to a power source. I have seen people saying to wire it into the running lights so the switch has power when the running lights are on. If I understand correctly you put you wire into a fuse that only gives power when the truck is on? If so could you let me know which fuse # you put it in. I see that you put the pigtail wire on but i couldnt tell which fuse that was for.. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

Quick Reply: How to install PIAA 540 fog lights, 04-08 F150