Articles & How-To's *NOW WITH VIDEO SECTION!*

'99 F-150 Headlight Switch Mod

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2016, 10:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a 1998 Ford F150 and my connector is different than the one in the pic. I have 3 seperate plugs (no auto lights). The front of my switch is identical to the one in the posting.

I spilced yellow and brown and the fog lights come on with parking lights, go OFF with low beams and ON with high beams. Any ideas on how to fix this or why it's working like that?

I pulled out the fog light switch with the low beams on and it blew the fuse. I'm confused as to why it won't work on my truck yet everyone else's, it does. Truck is all factory. Nothing aftermarket.

I also read somewhere that for this year truck I should connect the white/black wire with the brown. When I connected them together, all of my dash lights blew out. I can't even figure why? Every fuse is ok.

Last edited by John Zicha; 06-05-2016 at 10:52 AM.
Old 09-15-2016, 06:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need help...

1999 F150 XLT Sport Supercab 4x4 4.6L Automatic

I want to be able to have my fogs stay on when I go back n fourth between low/high beams, I don't necessarily care about them being on with the parking lights since that doesn't bother me one way from another. I don't have auto lights. Do I still have to mod the switch panel or can I just run a jumper wire? And what wires would I need to connect?

Quick Reply: '99 F-150 Headlight Switch Mod