Articles & How-To's *NOW WITH VIDEO SECTION!*

Raptor's How-To: Paint Your Wiper Cowl

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 11:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice write-up. I'll keep this in mind for when mine starts to fade.

Originally Posted by NCSU_05_FX4
(it was also pollen season)

- NCSU
You should check for a nest under the hood.

edit- Just got my truck at the end of summer '08 and I completely forgot about pollen. My last vehicle was a yellow Ranger, so pollen wasn't visible. Crap.

Old 01-26-2009, 10:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When I repainted my rails on my bed last year I cleaned them very well and let them dry. Then masked the truck off with newspapaer and used BULLDOG to prep the plastic, then BUMPER BLACK paint to do the trim. It came out AWESOME and looks brand new to this day. The BULLDOG is a great prep for plastic and allows you to use ohter types of spray paints as well.

Old 01-27-2009, 10:09 PM
Gunna have to go paint mine white. Nice write up , thanks for the way to many more ideas

Old 01-27-2009, 11:23 PM
Originally Posted by BrewScrew
When I repainted my rails on my bed last year I cleaned them very well and let them dry. Then masked the truck off with newspapaer and used BULLDOG to prep the plastic, then BUMPER BLACK paint to do the trim. It came out AWESOME and looks brand new to this day. The BULLDOG is a great prep for plastic and allows you to use ohter types of spray paints as well.
what is this Bulldog product you mentioned? you have a link to it by any chance? I really need to paint my bed caps as well.

Quick Reply: Raptor's How-To: Paint Your Wiper Cowl