Running Boards

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2015, 09:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Running Boards

Can someone help me out please? I have a 2010 F150 4x4. It has chrome running boards that have a lot of wear and tear to them now. The chrome is starting to peel in random spots. I'm considering putting new ones on or possibly just refinishing these. My question is, if I do refinish them what is the process to repair the chrome so that I can paint them a flat black? Is this my best option or should I just drop the money and buy a new set? Thanks guys for any answers I may get...

Old 09-11-2015, 01:08 AM
MDK
Any chrome that peels is usually cheap or a chrome overlay. Most vehicles with chrome are usually overlay and bubble, peel, or flake after awhile. Nissan's are notorious for this and my F150 had a little bubbling. High quality chrome doesn't have these issues but can still chip, think expensive rims. I would say get them powder coated. The powder coaters will have to sandblast it anyway and its cheaper than buying a new set. A good powder coat will last a very long time.

Old 11-28-2017, 01:50 AM
Hey i have a 2006 barina vacuum black thingy making click8ng noise after battery went flat...i know air con is not working maybe thats why hope bo dramas don't care about air con

Old 11-28-2017, 03:27 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Your cheapest route is probably just get new ones but if you want to keep them you need to strip them down and either have them powder coated or Linex-ed. They have done a couple trucks at the dealership my son works for with Linex and they turned out really nice and didn't cost that much since there was little or no prep work to be done.

Quick Reply: Running Boards