Bug guard - which type?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2001, 04:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bug guard - which type?

OK what's the best bug deflector for my 2001 SCREW?

I purchased one direct from Ford (Part #F65Z6C00AA, $75.71 + Tax)but found it to be too thin, and did not like the rubber "bumpers" needed to keep it from bouncing against the hood at speed. Would like one that is more rigid, but shaped correctly for this truck.

Also would like set of side vent shades as well. Again, what type are the best?

900 miles on the truck and so far so good!

Thanks!

Old 08-15-2001, 05:23 PM
Is yours the one with the ford logo?

when I bought my truck I went with the Ford one just because it had the loge on it. I don't know if this the same one you have but mine too came with the bumpers. I like them personally but they are removable and are there just incase something larger than a bug hits it,and it bangs against the truck. They also keep it more upright at high speeds. I have had it a year and its fine never had a problem with its thickness or durability and I've had some pretty big rocks hit it.

Old 08-16-2001, 10:51 AM
Lund Interceptor is the best I've found, and what I see the most of.

-jeff b.

Old 08-16-2001, 02:23 PM
I have a Bugflector II. You can buy them anywhere, but I don't think it does a good job of deflecting bugs. Looks great, but I'm thinking about chnaging to a Lund.

Also, I just installed Weatherech wimdow visors. They slide in the track, not stick on. Look very good and easy to install.

Hope that helps.

Old 08-21-2001, 11:40 PM
2000BLACK

Yes,

It has the Ford logo.

I'm still watching it closely. I don't like how the ends move around at highway speed. Ford dealer said I could try it a couple of weeks and return it if not satisfied.

I think I hear it bouncing around when I hit the bumps/holes of the New England streets.

I had to install rubber washers under the clips they provided to tighten it up on the underside of the hood.

Keep you posted.

Old 08-22-2001, 02:33 AM
Try the EGR brand. I just got one put on my 6 day old Screw and it looks great and holds firm without flopping at 90mph and no, I'm not telling you where I did that speed here in CT.

Quick Reply: Bug guard - which type?