Window Tint

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2001, 10:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Window Tint

I'am having window tint put on the back slider and the two back windows of my extended cab. I wanted to know if the darkest one(allows 5% of light to pass) would end up being too dark. The next step up would be 18%. I would preferably like it to stay as cool as possible but i don"t want to block out my vision at night. Any input would be appreciated.

Old 07-24-2001, 08:41 AM
Thumbs up

I had 20 % (illegal) put on my driver and pass. doors. Matches the factory tint on the rear windows. 5% on the doors, might be a bit too dark for night driving, 18% would be nice.

Check your local laws regarding window tint, and how well they are inforced. It will save you trouble in the long run.

Old 07-24-2001, 03:55 PM
i had 5% put all around on my Expedition and love it. I admit, it's really hard driving at night, making lane changes and all, and don't even think about backing into your driveway at night. But for the privacy, shade, and looks, you can't beat it. I do worry every time i see popo though, but it's worth it to me.

Old 07-29-2001, 02:09 AM
Just did the same on my SCrew! Both fronts tinted as dark as the factory rears. Looks excellent and really doesn't take long to get used to. Just have to be extra aware at night. Get lots of looks since having it done and the only other mods I have are L-Tails and a SnugLid. GO DARK!

Quick Reply: Window Tint