step bumper

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 04:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
step bumper

Alright guys I just bought a new rear bumper and am trying to figure out if u can remove the step off of a step bumper. It appears like you can, the new bumper has holes for adding a bumper I'm planning on removing the old bumper Thursday but just wanted to know if any one had experience with this at all.

Old 04-05-2011, 11:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Um.... bumper on what? pics of new one? pics of old one? If ya want some help, we need some info.

Old 04-05-2011, 11:40 PM
I don't have any pics right now working two jobs doesn't really give me the time to take the pics. I've got an 01 f150 lariat with the factory step bumper. And I bought an oem replacement off of eBay last week.

Old 04-06-2011, 11:05 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If memory serves me correctly, what you will me receiving is basically just a chrome skin so to speak. You have no choice but to remove the step from your existing bumper, as it is part of the structure of your bumper, and without it, your new "skin" cannot be put on the truck. With it's age, I suspect you are going to need some wd40, a breaker bar, and some muscle. A good quality impact would help too. It also would suprise me if you didn't wind up breaking and spinning some of the "U" type cage nuts that ford uses in these bumpers. Go to your dealer and get an exploded parts view printout, so you are prepared for whatever you need to buy once the process starts. Something tells me you are going to need T50 torx sockets for under the pad...... it's been years since I had one of those apart. Good luck.

Old 04-06-2011, 12:32 PM
Thanks bud. Yeah I finally get a day off work tomorrow so I'm gonna try and figure it out. Once I get them replaced ill post on here what I find thanks!

Quick Reply: step bumper