F150 tailgate badge removal

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2010, 03:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Black F-150 Logo

I had the grille painted black on my 2010 FX2, and the painter sanded out all of the blue on the ford logo and painted it black with out loosing the sliver letters. Looks sick, he did an awesome job.

How do I take the ford logo off of my tailgate? Wanting to get that painted too.

Old 10-02-2010, 07:02 PM
Originally Posted by fsdrummer85
I had the grille painted black on my 2010 FX2, and the painter sanded out all of the blue on the ford logo and painted it black with out loosing the sliver letters. Looks sick, he did an awesome job.

How do I take the ford logo off of my tailgate? Wanting to get that painted too.

Looks awesome man! I'd like to personally see someone sand all the blue off of a Ford oval, in between the letters too. He had to have bought an oval and just replaced it.
I don't know how to take it off the tailgate. I'm assuming it has pins and adhesive to hold it in but to paint mine all I did was tape off around it, I wasn't willing to pry on my truck to take the oval off.

Old 10-02-2010, 11:01 PM
Since we're talking emblems here, I'm looking for one.

Particularly black emblems for the grille and tailgate of my 06 XL. Just gonna paint the fender emblems to black them out, but that really can't be done with the oval emblems. Plus, my front one has moisture under the overlay, and it looks like hell.

Old 10-04-2010, 10:44 AM
Black Ford Logo

Originally Posted by DarkShadowSTX
Looks awesome man! I'd like to personally see someone sand all the blue off of a Ford oval, in between the letters too. He had to have bought an oval and just replaced it.
I don't know how to take it off the tailgate. I'm assuming it has pins and adhesive to hold it in but to paint mine all I did was tape off around it, I wasn't willing to pry on my truck to take the oval off.
Actually he did sand off all of the blue in between the letters. Just took him a while he said, but he did a damn good job with it, that is why I was going to give him why back oval so he can do that one too.

Old 10-07-2010, 08:35 PM
where are you guys getting the 09 badges?

Old 10-07-2010, 09:21 PM
Originally Posted by mmelton005
where are you guys getting the 09 badges?
Ford dealership. I think I only paid $60 for all 3, my buddy's dad works for the parts department at a local dealership.

Old 03-25-2013, 08:48 PM
Originally Posted by Smokin Lariat
Beware there are 3 alignment studs or prongs that stick out from the back of the emblem and slide into alignment holes in the tailgate.
Are the studs in the Ford logo, the F-150 emblem, or both? I want to permanently take the F-150 off and either wrap the tailgate or put on magnets. But I at least need that gone so both sides have equal surface area.

Quick Reply: F150 tailgate badge removal