HID flickering and dash board error message

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 07:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HID flickering and dash board error message

I have installed a few HID (4 to be accurate, in mine and other family members cars) and most of my friends have HID installed in their cars as well. I have noticed a couple common issues involving HIDs. One is flickering of the HID lights when turned on. The other is error message showing on dash board.

My brother-in-law recently installed HID in his '08 F150 and soon after he started experiencing flickering HID lights. A couple of my friends experienced this in the past and they never really solved this problem. So far the only solution I've received that seems to work is to switch to other brands of HIDs. To me this is a waste of money especially at times like this.

Any suggestions?

Old 01-05-2009, 07:42 PM
Use relay kits? I've read the flickering can be from day time running lamps, then again I'm also a noob to HID's. I'd like to know when you do fix them. I'm looking to add them also at some point.

Old 01-06-2009, 04:09 PM
thanks, i've heard the same thing. Either use a relay kit or adding on a compistor. I just purchased mine online. Let me try it first to make sure it will work before referring it to you.

Quick Reply: HID flickering and dash board error message