Need a little help

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2008, 06:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need a little help

Well last night I got pulled over, which is no big deal. He complimented me on my truck and then told me what was wrong. He made me take off my licence plate tint cover, told me to get a front licence plate, and then we got to suspension. In MN the legal law is 25" to the bottom of your bumper, not your valence i guess.. its 29" to the bottom of mine. He didn't fine me just warned me. I do have a body lift, but I like the height it's at right now. I asked him if I got a heavy duty bumper would it count to measure to the bottom of that, and he said that was fine. He was a really nice cop.. anyways what I was thinking..

Could someone photoshop my truck about 3 inches lower?

Also does anyone have any pictures of a Road Armor bumper on a 97-03 body style f150? I could only find one picture of one, and it looked BAMF!

Here's a picture of my truck:

thanks

Old 04-19-2008, 06:21 PM
Originally Posted by JakeO
Well last night I got pulled over, which is no big deal. He complimented me on my truck and then told me what was wrong. He made me take off my licence plate tint cover, told me to get a front licence plate, and then we got to suspension. In MN the legal law is 25" to the bottom of your bumper, not your valence i guess.. its 29" to the bottom of mine. He didn't fine me just warned me. I do have a body lift, but I like the height it's at right now. I asked him if I got a heavy duty bumper would it count to measure to the bottom of that, and he said that was fine. He was a really nice cop.. anyways what I was thinking..

Could someone photoshop my truck about 3 inches lower?

Also does anyone have any pictures of a Road Armor bumper on a 97-03 body style f150? I could only find one picture of one, and it looked BAMF!

Here's a picture of my truck:

thanks
Ive seen picture of the Road Armor Bumpers on a 02 it looked great it had linex on it! Id say go that route it will look better than taking your BL off. They are quite expensive but IMO look good and it comes with a place to put a hidden winch!

I cant find the picture anymore but its really good quality they cost around 1800-2500 i think!

Last edited by 4.2trimble; 04-19-2008 at 06:30 PM.
Old 04-19-2008, 06:41 PM
here is a f350 with the bumper

but personally i dont see why a nice brushguard would not count as a "Heavy duty bumper" they mount to the frame and are made from heavier steel than the factory bumpers.

Old 04-19-2008, 06:53 PM
Originally Posted by Pheonixx
here is a f350 with the bumper

but personally i dont see why a nice brushguard would not count as a "Heavy duty bumper" they mount to the frame and are made from heavier steel than the factory bumpers.
This doesnt count because they measure from the bottom of the bumper! Not the brush gaurd! The big Road Armor Bumper adds metal so the bumper is actually lower than the stock one!

Old 04-19-2008, 07:00 PM
Originally Posted by 4.2trimble
This doesnt count because they measure from the bottom of the bumper! Not the brush gaurd! The big Road Armor Bumper adds metal so the bumper is actually lower than the stock one!
Exactly!
So.. once I can convince my dad I'm going to call road armor... Or I found another site.. but I havn't really heard anything good from them. Anyone heard of Alien Patrol? http://alien-patrol.com/ford.html

Old 04-19-2008, 07:03 PM
Originally Posted by JakeO
Exactly!
So.. once I can convince my dad I'm going to call road armor... Or I found another site.. but I havn't really heard anything good from them. Anyone heard of Alien Patrol? http://alien-patrol.com/ford.html
DONT GET ANYTHING FROM ALIEN PATROL The prices are cheaper but alot of people got ripped off with them and if you ever noticed that picture on Road Armor bumper on 97-03 was the same picture of the 97-03 Alien Patrol bumper with a different background and Road Armor edited out!

Old 04-19-2008, 07:08 PM
DONT GET ANYTHING FROM ALIEN PATROL The prices are cheaper but alot of people got ripped off with them and if you ever noticed that picture on Road Armor bumper on 97-03 was the same picture of the 97-03 Alien Patrol bumper with a different background and Road Armor edited out!
That's exactly what I've read, but it was from a while back.. I'm probley going to look for a used road armor bumper, or hopefully get one soon.
Thanks for the help, but i still wana see what my truck looks like 3" lower, or see other pictures of road armor on an f150

Trending Topics

Old 04-19-2008, 07:19 PM
in the mean time i would move the bumpers back to the stock loaction or maybe even further down so you dont get a fine. Id rather my truck to look like crap for a few weeks/months instead of getting a ticket!

Old 04-19-2008, 10:36 PM
in the mean time i would move the bumpers back to the stock loaction or maybe even further down so you dont get a fine. Id rather my truck to look like crap for a few weeks/months instead of getting a ticket!
I dont know about that, but if i get another warning or something.. Definately, but I got the OK from my dad, he just said to try to find the cheapest price and go from there. So.. anyone got any sites?

Old 04-20-2008, 04:16 PM

Heres a couple picture from the "scene of the crime"

Old 04-20-2008, 04:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
alien patrol is run by a guy that usto work and design all of road armors bumpers

Alien Patrol was formed in 2007 by Jim & Sandy Terry. If some of our designs look familiar, well they should since we founded Road Armor back in 1994 and owned it and designed 100% of the product line until late '05.
and the alien patrol bumper wont give you more bumper. it will give you less in fact. its an offroad bumper designed to give you better approach angles and a winch point. the bumper is going to be closer to the body. if you want a lower hanging bumper get a ground effects kit

Last edited by NoLongerJeepin; 04-20-2008 at 04:42 PM.
Old 04-20-2008, 04:43 PM
Originally Posted by NoLongerJeepin
alien patrol is run by a guy that usto work and design all of road armors bumpers

and the alien patrol bumper wont give you more bumper. it will give you less in fact. its an offroad bumper designed to give you better approach angles and a winch point. the bumper is going to be closer to the body. if you want a lower hanging bumper get a ground effects kit
what about road armor?

Old 04-20-2008, 04:48 PM

The lowest piece on a Road Armor Bumper is still much lower than a stock bumper. This is commonly used here in Florida to avoid bumper restrictions.
I doubt however the bumper is gonna make the 4" difference you need? I had my Ranger's bumper measured once (way over) but the guy measured from the valance (probably bein nice). My ranger was on 36's and was far from the bumper limit. But in all honest a officer that has nothing to do but inforce bumper restrictions has too much time on his hands! IMHO (my family works for the Hillsborough County Sheriffs Office and im hoping to be in that group within a few months)

Old 04-20-2008, 04:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
it might give you 1 or 2 more inches but nothing that would make a big difference. email the companies and ask them. like i said, offroad bumpers are made for better approach angles. they do this by designing the bumper to hug the body.

just email them ask they should be able to help

Old 04-20-2008, 04:59 PM
it might give you 1 or 2 more inches but nothing that would make a big difference. email the companies and ask them. like i said, offroad bumpers are made for better approach angles. they do this by designing the bumper to hug the body.

just email them ask they should be able to help

Will do, thanks for the help.