Aux radio controls in Expy center console

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2001, 09:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Aux radio controls in Expy center console

I am planning on installing the Expy center console in my truck and was wondering if it was possible to install and/or wire the aux radio controls in the back of the console instead of trying to cover up the holeor just leaving it open. Will the factory radio in the F150 accept the controls from the Aux unit?

I have people back there 2-3 times a month and don't like the idea of having everything up front look great and then have a hole in the back of the console for these people to see. Any thoughts or ideas.

------------------
98 F150 XLT Super cab s/b
Two-Tone paint: Moonlight Blue w/Light Prairie Tan Accent
4.6L Auto 4X2
3.55ls 255/70r16
Premium sound w/6Disc changer
Captains chairs

Old 06-20-2001, 06:23 PM
Speedy46, I went down to the local auto shop and got some fabric that matched my seats,I than wrapped the material around a thin piece of wood and mounted inside the console,covers that hole and looks like in belongs there, hope this helps

------------------
2001 Supercrew(1), XLT 4x4,5.4l,tow,3.55ls, captains chairs
Island Blue & Silver Frost.6 disc changer,keyless entry,bug shield,vent visors,expy console,duraliner bed liner,extang tonneau cover,L tails more to come

Old 06-27-2001, 07:31 AM
Talking

I am working on this. The radio control panel is $94.00 dollars, but that was the easy part. You cannot buy the harness to hook to factory radio to control the radio from the rear. We are going to have to make one. I am working with a Ford radio repair shop to work all the bugs on this and will post all the details.

------------------
99 Lariat 5.4 style side, Gibson exhaust, Bilstien shocks, 4WD spoiler with fog lights, upgraded audio system, Donelley rear view mirror,extang tonneau,hellwig rear sway bar,bug shiled,SuperChip

Old 06-27-2001, 10:35 AM
It will work if you can find a cooperative dealer that will sell you the harness. The only issue is the headphone jacks. In order to make those work you have to reroute your speaker wires.

Quick Reply: Aux radio controls in Expy center console