A good deal on white face gauges?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2004, 10:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A good deal on white face gauges?

I was wondering if anyone has seen these gauges in person?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=7912540180

It says the needles do not need to be removed for installation and they look preety good. Not sure about the digital inverter though. Does anyone have any experience with these?

Thanks

Old 07-25-2004, 05:20 AM
I havnt personally used one of these but both my brother and brother in law have installed them, themselves. They both recommend that if ya havnt done before to just take it in and get it professionally done otherwise theres a good chance your speedo will be off. If I do get one, I will end up taking it to a local mom and pop's perfomance shop to get it done right.

Old 07-25-2004, 06:41 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Since 2000 and up trucks have a digital odometer, setting the correct speed and rpm is not a problem. You simply use the test mode to get the desired speed/rpm display. Just remember to note down the gas level, voltage point, oil pressure point and let the engine warm all the way up for the temp gage.
The whole install takes about 3 hours if you have all the tools to rip the dash apart.

Fritz

Old 07-25-2004, 09:21 PM
i got some similar ones on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWN%3AIT

i was able to finagle them on without removing the needles. and they seemed to fit perfectly. But i noticed several of the needles were getting stuck or not moving at all. i tried gluing down the gauges, and trim some pieces off the needles and the gauges and it helped some. but the tach and speedo needles still dont move correctly. i might try later to take it aprt again and fixing it.

im not sure if i did something wrong or what, but they look cool!

edit: if you do remove the needles, u might want to go head and trim off a little off each one js to make sure they work correctly. u would trim a little off the black plastic directly below the base of the red needle itself. I noticed that this is what was rubbing on the new guages and causing them to stick.

Last edited by Smok][n; 07-25-2004 at 09:37 PM.

Quick Reply: A good deal on white face gauges?