Blowing fuses

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2002, 01:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blowing fuses

I have a phoenix gold 600ti.2 running 2 ohms with a 80 amp fuse inline with a capacitor. When I listen to music loud, my amp cuts off after a few minutes cause its over heating, and a few times of that causes the 80 amp to kill itself. The 80 is what is recommended. Whats the problem?

Old 10-01-2002, 08:02 AM
The stress from the amp overheating is most likely causing the fuse to blow. Are you running 2 ohm stereo or mono? I know the amp is 1 ohm stable when in the stereo mode but I don't know for mono. Make sure the vents for the cooling fan are not blocked also.

Old 10-01-2002, 05:16 PM
well it sounds like your driving the amp into pertection....sounds like it cant handle the two ohm load...and if the amp is shutting off before the fuse blows then the fuse isnt the problem its the amp make sure the amp can run in two ohm mono.

do you have a fuse off the bat and then a fuse within a few feet of the amp or is it internally fused? and if the internal fure or the fuse close to the amp is blowing then that just means that the amp is drawing more than 80 amps find out its max current draw then put that size fuse.

-Chris

Quick Reply: Blowing fuses