wire routing

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2002, 01:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question wire routing

I have a 02 Screw HD and I already installed my HU and changer. I am trying to install my Alpine amp and I decided that I will place it under the front passenger seat.

Here's the question, how do I route the RCA cables from the driver side door sill to get to the passenger side?

I will be running my power through the driver's side grommet, under the dash, to the passenger kick panel, via the door sill and under the front passenger seat.

The RCAs will run from the HU to the driver's side kick panel, door sill and then? What tool do I need to get that RCA over to the passenger side?

Any other better way of doing this?

Old 09-11-2002, 11:07 AM
Do not run your RCA's next to your power wire!!! Always run the power wire & RCA's on opposite sides of the vehicle.

I'm not familiar with the HD interior so I will tell you how I ran my RCA's. I took out the cup holder and lowered the glove box and ran the RCA's from the back of the HU, behind the cup holder, behind the glove box, down through the kick panels and along the door sills. Then I ran under the carpet to the amp location (had to cut a hole to pull the wires through).

Good luck with your installation!

John

Old 09-11-2002, 04:30 PM
I'll second that, RUN POWER AND RCAS SEPERATELY!!

Old 09-11-2002, 05:04 PM
I AM... I AM

As I have posted before, RCAs will run on the driver door sill, power wil run on the passenger door sill.

My question was how do I get the RCAs from the driver side door sill to the passenger side to meet the amp under the front pass seat?

Old 09-11-2002, 06:55 PM
I would recommend fishing the RCAs under the carpet on the side of the transmission hump. Just come down through the dash from the radio and go straight under the carpet from there. Make a small hole in the carpet under the seat to exit out of. Use a coat hanger (if it's long enough) or a fish tape. Run the RCAs on the side of the transmission hump to keep it from getting stepped on.

Old 09-12-2002, 10:13 AM
I would recommend running the power wire on the drivers side and the RCA's on the passenger side. You can pull the power wire through the grommet in the firewall behind the gas pedal and run the RCA's the way I mentioned above.

John

Quick Reply: wire routing