Arrrgggghhh!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2002, 01:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Arrrgggghhh!!!!

Well, one month after ordering my Kicker DX700 amp off of Ebay, the thing gets here. I had to harass the dog out of these people to get the thing sent. I pick up the package at UPS, drive home in a euphoric state wondering if I can wait to get home to open it and look at it. I get home, open the box and what do I see? That's right, the dolts didn't have my amp in stock so they "upgraded" me to a KX800.2. My subs are 400w rms each, which works out perfectly as far as power goes, but I ordered the DX700 for a reason, it's small. This thing is gigantic. With a single cab, space behind the seat is at a premium and I'm stuck with an amp the size of a small yacht. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I could get the amp back there along with the subs? I won't be able to make any modifications to the seats, seeing as how I'm a college student and I'm broke.

What a day.

Edit: The subs are MTX 10"s in two Qlogic Type 1 boxes.

Old 04-03-2002, 03:22 AM
If you're putting 400wrms into each 10" sub look at buying new ones soon cause you're gonna BLOW them.

I'm running about 400wrms into a single 12" Audiobahn Alum12 and I wouldn't put any more than that into it even though it says 1000watts on the motor assembly.

Anyhow... why don't you mount your amp under the driver's or passenger's seat? If it's thin enough how about behind the rear seat back? Use some pipe or other stuff to extend the seat back off the cab wall for more space. I have my Audiocontrol EQX hiding back there.

Old 04-03-2002, 12:58 PM
Formus,

The q logic box is that the one in crutchfield. Also do you have a reg cab. I wanted to know if it would fit in a reg cab and still have all the leg room.

Old 04-03-2002, 01:42 PM
if you can wait resell the thing on Ebay and make a few bucks.