Where do I ground!

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2001, 02:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Where do I ground!

Ok, I have the plan on where to run my wires! I am placing my amp under the passenger or drivers side seat and would like to know where everyone has grounded thier amps at in these locations! if any one has thier amps here! everything else can be installed as soon as i figure where to put it! i haven't looked around yet i figured i would ask everyone here first before i started to tinker around! thanks for the help for anyone who replies!

bigNAnative

Old 12-20-2001, 08:09 PM
Lightbulb

My amp is behind the rear seat so I grounded to one of the bolts that holds the seat to the floor. I'm not an expert but from what I have heard, it is best to ground to an existing bolt than it is to use a self tapping screw or something. Be sure to grind all of the paint off of the surrounding area before connecting the ground.

Old 12-20-2001, 09:33 PM
Thumbs up Same thing I did.

I just grounded the amp to a seat mounting bolt. So far no problems. Good luck with your system

Bob

Old 12-24-2001, 10:35 AM
The biggest worry is making sure you get ALL of the paint off where the ground lug can touch bare metal. I wanted to hide all of my wiring so I would not have to worry about hanging anything on it. So, I drilled a 5/16" hole in the floor and used a stainless steel 1/4-20 bolt and NyLock nut with star washers on each side. My ground cable is 6" long and hid under (behind) the amp rack.

David

Quick Reply: Where do I ground!