Amp Mount

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2001, 10:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amp Mount

I have an amp that I want to mount behind the rear seats in the storage area. How hard is it to remove that entire back plastic panel and what exactly do i screw into? I don't want to scred into something that could be damaging.

Old 11-07-2001, 03:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I sent you an email on the sub enclosure. The back wall is easily removed(I have a SCrew, don't know what you have but should be similar). First remove all the nuts from the studs along the bottom. Then pull out all the plastic push on fasteners by reaching up in the storage pockets and prying gently. There are three or four hidden fasteners just above storage pocket height across the back wall also. Just pull on the plastic to pull loose. There are two plastic pins on either end at the bottom so once you have all the fasteners loose, lift up on the whole thing to get it all the way out. I didn't break anything on mine so you shouldn't have any problems as long as you pull gently and pull as close to the fasteners as possible. As far as mounting the amp goes, I attached a piece of 1/2" MDF covered in vinyl to the floor and to the metal cross brace(take out the plastic wall and you'll see what I mean)above with some angle brackets and will attach the amps to the MDF with small wood screws. I didn't want to drill into the back wall because of a chance of a water leak.

Last edited by Robdude30; 11-07-2001 at 03:31 PM.

Quick Reply: Amp Mount