400W plug and play

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2018, 08:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
400W plug and play

Does anyone have any experience with the 400W Sony amp and harness for a 2017 XL from plug n play in CT? It looks like the answer to my wish to upgrade the stereo in a 4 and 5 speaker standard cab f-150. I have already built a custom speaker layout, see speaker thread, but feel that the sound could be a little cleaner.

Old 07-21-2018, 08:10 AM
Since there have been no replies the assumption is there is no experience with this particular vendor. I will order one up and see how it works.

Old 07-23-2018, 05:43 PM
Decided to dive in head first. I ended up purchasing the amp and harness setup that comes with a subwoofer converter. I will pull the passenger seat this weekend and finish the seat heater element installation, mount a bracket for the 8” powered sub, pull the center stack and install the amp and seat heater switch. With a little wiring for the sub I should be back together Saturday afternoon with the stereo and seat heaters finished. This should be the end of optioning this truck. Now to drive it for another 10years. It is 8 months old and already has 11,700 miles on it.

Old 07-29-2018, 07:14 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Search Youtube for video's and how to's. That's what I do when something is unclear to me.
So far that tactic has worked for me...LOL

Old 08-24-2018, 09:38 PM
Well it is finally in and working. I purchased the kit with a LOC and added a powered compact sub. The sub received no speaker input. Returned the sub and purchased a second after we concluded the amp and harness worked as designed. Installed the replacement sub and still dead. Pulled the amp and harness today and moved the speaker input for the LOC from before the amp to after the amp and now all is good. A standard cab XL with Sirius and CD radio but no center speaker does not have the rear door speaker signal activated. The multiple dealers I contacted to activate the rear speaker signal played dumb so I just modified the harness. Tomorrow I will dial in the crossover point to the sub, decide if I want to kill the 80 hz and below signal to the front custom 3way speaker arrangement and reassemble the center stack. It has taken a while but from the initial listen it should be worth the headache.

Old 08-23-2021, 08:35 AM
Originally Posted by Knebrdr
Well it is finally in and working. I purchased the kit with a LOC and added a powered compact sub. The sub received no speaker input. Returned the sub and purchased a second after we concluded the amp and harness worked as designed. Installed the replacement sub and still dead. Pulled the amp and harness today and moved the speaker input for the LOC from before the amp to after the amp and now all is good. A standard cab XL with Sirius and CD radio but no center speaker does not have the rear door speaker signal activated. The multiple dealers I contacted to activate the rear speaker signal played dumb so I just modified the harness. Tomorrow I will dial in the crossover point to the sub, decide if I want to kill the 80 hz and below signal to the front custom 3way speaker arrangement and reassemble the center stack. It has taken a while but from the initial listen it should be worth the headache. https://ometv.onl https://chatroulette.top https://omegle.wtf https://bazoocam.cam
thanks for the awesome information.

Last edited by alexsunny123; 03-07-2022 at 03:25 AM.

Quick Reply: 400W plug and play