Amp Wiring

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2001, 08:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Amp Wiring

Hello everyone,
I am getting ready to install an amp in my truck and was wondering how to get the power wire through the firewall. Also how do you run the wires inside the cab, do the side floor moldings just pop out, or are they glued in. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Oh ya this is a 2001 Supercab.

Old 08-08-2001, 04:54 PM
I installed my system in a lightning, but it is probably the same. i brought my power wire through the passenger side firewall. Just go under the passenger dash and pull back the carpet. i just used a 1/2" drill bit too drill through (just make sure you don't hit anything in the engine bay) Use a rubber grommet so that you don't cut up your power wire. The plastic floor moldings do just pop out by the way, just give them a tug.
Jon

Old 08-08-2001, 05:22 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
an easier way is to just run the wire with the steering column into the cab. there is a small rubber seal around the steering column. use a screwdriver to pry it over a bit and run your wire through. not that u got it through tuck it inside the kick pannel(the one with on the driver side. pry off the side kick panels and run the wires through there(make sure u dont puncture them when u click the panels back and your set my friend

Old 08-09-2001, 06:19 PM
definately on the left side, the rubber plug by the steering column, dash panels, and side panels all pop off. if you don't see a screw head, just pull and it pops off.

Old 08-14-2001, 03:00 PM
I ran an 8 gauge wire thru the grommet for the antenna on my Lightning, passenger side behind the kick panel. Saved a long wire run.

Old 08-24-2001, 05:33 PM
I suggest doing it my way on the passenger side, a little more work but def worth it. My battery is on that side, so its a straight shot back. Also, I ran 3 sets of RCA cables down the left side to my amps. You wanna keep your power wire and RCA's separate so that you do not have any interference noise! do not run them together. Like i said al little more work but worth it.
Jon

Quick Reply: Amp Wiring