My Amp Install

Old 04-01-2010, 02:31 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
My Amp Install

My streetwires 4 channel ZN5 RCA's finally showed up yesterday, so I yanked everything out and redid it all. I moved my power slider motor over to the drivers side to make room for both amps on the passenger side. I then made a new amp board and mounted everything up, I also ran the power cables down the passenger side door sill, the RCA's down the center hump, the speaker wires are on the hump also, and the turn on lead is the old audiophile turn on lead in the drivers side sill.

After I pulled the motor out I removed the bracket and flattened it out with a hammer and rebent it the way I needed it. I then flipped the motor over and remounted the bracket and drilled three holes in the seat belt frame and remounted it with the original screws and clips.

The RCA's are in the foreground, the silver set is a streetwires 2 ch for the sub and the blue set is the new ZN5 4 ch streetwires for the 4 ch amp. The background is the speaker wires running from the amp back to the dash.

full veiw of new amp board

The kenwood 8404 all wired up

the kenwood 8104D all wired up

the ground for the 8104d bolted to the seat frame, notice on the seat frame cradle, the rear tab I had to cut off to clear the amp

the ground for the 8404 and the extra ground going to the back wall

the extra ground on the back wall

I have more pics in my gallery https://www.f150online.com/forums/me...p-install.html

Last edited by 05RedFX4; 05-25-2010 at 10:22 PM.
Old 04-01-2010, 03:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks good, hope you tested to make sure your seat fits back on without hitting amps.

Old 04-01-2010, 03:04 PM

Yeah, it fits. Truck is all back together and everything works just fine.

Old 04-01-2010, 04:06 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks good , one question though . You took the time to drill the two holes in the board for each amps power and ground , why didn't you do this for speaker , rca and remote wires ? That would be the difference in looking good and looking very good .

Old 04-01-2010, 04:11 PM
Very nice

Old 04-01-2010, 04:48 PM
Originally Posted by 1bad86vmax
Looks good , one question though . You took the time to drill the two holes in the board for each amps power and ground , why didn't you do this for speaker , rca and remote wires ? That would be the difference in looking good and looking very good .
I think thats called im tired of doing this and want it done now. Nothing is as easy as you think it would be when ur doing it in your head.

Old 04-01-2010, 04:53 PM
Originally Posted by PorkCereal
I think thats called im tired of doing this and want it done now. Nothing is as easy as you think it would be when ur doing it in your head.
What he said. No one is going to see my wiring behind the seat, and to take the effort to do that with even the power and ground wires was beyond me. However, when I have four amps behind the seat, it will be beautiful

Old 04-01-2010, 05:42 PM

I wanted to try to separate the power from the rca's and speaker wires as much as possible. The way I have it run, there is a laminated 3/4" particle board between the power and the rca's. Even tho my RCA's are sheilded, I didn't want to take a chance.

Last edited by 05RedFX4; 04-01-2010 at 07:54 PM.
Old 04-01-2010, 08:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ChrisAU
What he said. No one is going to see my wiring behind the seat, and to take the effort to do that with even the power and ground wires was beyond me. However, when I have four amps behind the seat, it will be beautiful
What would be the difference between 1,2,3 or 4 amps . Why would you make 4 amps look beautifull , but not 1 ,2 or 3 ? As far as " No one's going to see my wiring" (I hear that alot) . Your more or less saying it's ok to do something half *** since nobody's going to see it.

Old 04-02-2010, 07:09 AM
What would be the difference between 1,2,3 or 4 amps . Why would you make 4 amps look beautifull , but not 1 ,2 or 3 ? As far as " No one's going to see my wiring" (I hear that alot) . Your more or less saying it's ok to do something half *** since nobody's going to see it.

**rolles eyes**

I think the install looks nice and is very clean. It's far from half *** and I'm sure he took HOURS to do that. You wanna see half ***? Look at my install:

Now that's half *** so before anymore troll pisses on 05RedFX4 install know what "half ***" is. Oh and if you don't like my install...well:

Old 04-02-2010, 08:09 AM
I hope you dont get your leads wrong by using the same color wire for power and ground.
Take some of that electrical tape and wrap a few pieces around your ground wire.

Old 04-02-2010, 08:43 AM
My amp is mounted on a board, and all the wires come straight down from the amp and go under the carpet. They all work perfectly, are installed correctly, and are run in a safe manner.

I didn't take the time to drill holes in the amp board to run the wires behind the board and then down up under the carpet, and I half-assed it? Its purely cosmetic man.

Again, its functional, safe, hidden, and does not look bad at all. If you feel the need to hide 8" of wire that will never be seen anyway, then go ahead. But its not "half-assing it."

Did you polish your shoes before work this morning? Well then you half-assed getting ready for work! NO EXCUSES.

Old 04-02-2010, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by ChrisAU
My amp is mounted on a board, and all the wires come straight down from the amp and go under the carpet. They all work perfectly, are installed correctly, and are run in a safe manner.

I didn't take the time to drill holes in the amp board to run the wires behind the board and then down up under the carpet, and I half-assed it? Its purely cosmetic man.

Again, its functional, safe, hidden, and does not look bad at all. If you feel the need to hide 8" of wire that will never be seen anyway, then go ahead. But its not "half-assing it."

Did you polish your shoes before work this morning? Well then you half-assed getting ready for work! NO EXCUSES.
Knock it off, take your pi****g contest somewhere else. I made this thread because I was proud of my install and wanted to show it off, and you two turned it into a pi****g contest. ENOUGH.

Old 04-02-2010, 09:11 AM
Sorry about that 05RedFX4, just got mad when someone called our installs half *** haha

Old 04-02-2010, 09:12 AM
Oh and btw I know you had talked about upgrading to the 9104's, they can be had for around $130 now.

Love the way you cut the amp board to contour with the stuff going on on the back wall too.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My Amp Install