running power wire for amp`

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2001, 07:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question running power wire for amp`

i would like to know if there is a way to run the power wire on the passenger side without haveing to run it under the pettles on the drivers side?

I would be greatful for any help.
thanks

Old 04-20-2001, 10:11 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Talking

Hey lewdog,
I had a B&M electronic shift improver installed on my truck before I had my chip.
For that I had a small hole drilled in the firewall between the computer plug,and the fender. I just widened the hole a little,and threaded the power cable through there. Whatever you do,do not pull that 1&1/2" grommet out that is behind the battery!! I did,and it took an hour just to get the a/c vacuum line put back together.(no slack in it AT ALL )
You'll have to pull the battery out to get back there to drill,but it's a great place to run the cable. It lines right up with the door sill so you can run the cable back to the amp. Just make sure to use a grommet for the hole you drill,avoids shorting the amp out later. good luck on the install,,,,,,98

------------------
98 F-150 4.6 Litre XLT2wd Ext. cab
Yokahama AVS/ST's,,too noisy
prarie tan/tan int.
K/N gen.II fipk
custom dual exh/gibson rectangle tips/rear exiting.
color matched snuglid
Superchip!!!
Clear front corners
Grillcraft grill insert
Speedglo gauges w/carbon fiber overlay,might paint it black
Stillen Quad light air dam,Sweet!!
Euro taillights
Cobra 75WXST cb w/weather alert
Kenwood cd w/Radio Shack speakers,and Soundstream P203e amplifier//Single 10" sub
Viper alarm
On the waywheels,tires,Proglass shaker hood,new leather seat
the monochromatic boogie is done,cool!.
Come see my new pictures@ www.my-f150.com

officialtomwaits.com
reverendhortonheat.com

WOW,what a cool site!

FENDER GUITARS ROCK!!!

I just wish it was lowered

Old 04-20-2001, 09:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

How about pulling off the scuff plate and running it under there? There are holes in there too, you can pull the wire up thourgh a grommet. There are pics on this site of it if you search.

------------------
2000 F150 XLT 4x4 Short Bed. Amazon Green, 5.4L, SuperCab, ORP, Tow Package, Sliding Rear Window, Electronic Shift, Keyless Entry, LT265-70-17 Tires, Clarion Pro Audio, Herculiner Bedliner, Air Silencer Removed.

1994 SVT Mustang Cobra. #1032 of 6009. Black coupe with black leather int., 3.73 rear, Bassani Exhaust, Aluminum D/S, Bridgestone RE-71 255-45-ZR17

My Home Page

Quick Reply: running power wire for amp`