Amps in the bed?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2001, 09:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Amps in the bed?

Is it possible to put amps in the bed?
I have a ARE Hard bed cover so the bed never gets wet.

Old 04-02-2001, 03:18 PM
why not, just make sure you seal up the hole you use to run the wires. i've seen a lot of pickups with stuff in the bed. just do your research.

Old 04-16-2001, 03:00 AM
I nearly did that with mine, but instead I built a rack and mounted the amps in the cab. If you do it, one thing that you need to make sure you account for it the heat, they will get hot back there if the bed is sealed tight like it should from the top.

------------------
98 XLT, 4.6L V8, Reg. Cab, S/S, Dark tinted windows, Ranch Hard Tonneau Cover, Better Built Bed Rails, Lund Lunar Visor, Smitty Bilt Sure Step Bars, Headlight/Tailight Covers, Deflecta-shield window guards and bug shield, Duraliner Bed Liner, Alpine CDA-7965 cd player, Kicker Resolution 5.2 component set in front, 2 12" Kicker Solobaric Subs, 2 Kicker ZR240's for subs, Kicker ZX460 for components and rear, Alumapro 15 farad the CAP

Old 04-16-2001, 07:46 PM
Thumbs up

No problems, just run the wires out the vents in the back of the cab. There are corresponding rubber grommets in the front of the bed. Run the power wires on the passenger's side, and the signal wires on the drivers side. I have the amps mounted in a long box across the bed, with a 75 cfm fan pulling air across them. I also have a bedrug, so that acts as insulation, and keeps the temps down a little. I've run this setup for a year in Texas with no problems, and it gets HOT here.

Quick Reply: Amps in the bed?