Anyone heard of Lanzar?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2000, 02:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Anyone heard of Lanzar?

I can get a good price on their products, but am unfamiliar with them. Anyone had any experiences? ome of their stuff was written up well in car audio recently i think.

Old 12-05-2000, 10:26 AM
Arrow

Hey Zoso, welcome to the site. I havent heard anything bad about lanzar at all, but to be honest I havent heard anything good either. That also has to do with what the stores are pushin in my area(not lanzar). I do know that they have been around damn near forever. Good luck.

------------------
1997 F150 4.2 4x2 X-CAB Flareside Black
With all of that out of the way, lets get to the good stuff:
STEREO: Special thanks to Josh & Popps @ www.radio-active.org [*]H/Unit SONY Xplod ES CDX-M750[*] F/Speakers Rockford's Fanatic Q Components FNQ2514(THEY SUCK AND ARE NOW GONE)[*] NEW F/speakers are Memphis studios 5X7[*] R/Speakers Rockford's FRC1257 5x7[*] Sub:PheonixGold XS 10" in prefab box under bench seat w/o lift.[*] Memphis Amp ST3004 with front channels running seperates and rear channel running the sub. 5x7 running off H/U
I'm going to change my whole set up.
Under D'Hood:[*] Only a K&N filter.
Its lame, you have to start somewhere right? Trust me, I dream BIG.
On D'Skin:[*] Bug Deflector[*] One Vent Visior, other fell off[*] windshield sticker for www.radio-active.org [*] Hyperwhite headlight bulbs[*] Clear quarter & back glass for an even tint. Thanks Progressive![*] Custom door dings from some A$$HOLE in a parking lot on both sides.
At the moment I am running pretty stock on the outside, but the truck is clean and I have even BIGGER ideas for the outside. SC just got one step closer a lottery so maybe there is still hope.
LINKS:
www.radio-active.org
www.roadarmor.com I said I have big dreams right?
www.nookie.com

Old 12-05-2000, 11:35 AM
Wow lanzar, My best friend used to deal lanzar way back. He still has a couple of there amps in his girlfriends firebird and let me tell you that car sounds damn good with just the one lanzar 4 channel amp. I haven't seen one in along time but they are pretty good amps.

------------------
99.5 red lightning
Cervini's ram air hood
billet grilles
clear coreners
clear tail's
A.R.E bed cover
SS street style mirror's
Super chip R9
airaid intake
trans go shift kit
Audio: Kenwood 9015 cd, Kenwood kmd minidisc, Kicker 5x7 impulse, kicker 5.25 resolution, phoenix gold zx450, Phoenix gold zx500, Three JL audio 10w3's, Qform's, custom built box.
Built 5/4/99 A tuesday
# 917 of 4000
Best ET. 13.42 at 100.98
best stock 13.96 at ?

When the green light drops, the bullsh*t stops.

Old 12-13-2000, 10:21 PM
Alf
Wink

A few years ago I used to subscribe to the "Car Audio" magazine. I remember they used to rave about Lanzar. I don't know any more. However, I found on the net a Lanzar equalizer (e750S) for 100 bucks. Decent unit.

Alf

------------------
2000 4.6 XLT Ext. Cab Silver

So Far
  • ARE Z-series Color Matched Cap (for the Rotties...)
  • Flowmaster 40 Series with Edelbrock Oval Tips
  • Airaid Air System
  • Sony, Lanzar, Profile, Polk, Kenwood, 500W Sound System
  • Closer to the Ground 3" front and & 5" rear
  • Clear Corner Lenses

Future
  • 20" Rims with 295/40/20 Tires
  • Street Scene Color Matched Mirrors
  • SVT Bumber Cover
  • Supercharger (way down the road)

[This message has been edited by Alf (edited 12-13-2000).]

Old 12-27-2000, 01:41 PM
Thumbs up

Lanzar is good equipment. I work with a gentleman that installed Lanzar subs and amps in his car and has over 40 trophies for stereo shows and contests. If the system is designed and built properly, you can achieve better results with pioneer from Wal-mart than a poorly designed system with Rockford or other major expensive brands.

Old 12-31-2000, 12:16 AM
So I got the Lanzar Opti 3204. I read in some mag (Car audio I think) that the new opti line from Lanzar should be hitting the competition scene soon, so I presume that is a favorable review. The amp is 80w x 4 @4ohms. I am running the 3rd and 4th channel bridged to 2 10" punch XLC's in parelell. (they are 8 ohm speakers). They are in sealed boxes in the back of my explorer. ( I'm still looking for the right F-150). It sounds awesome. the other 2 channels run to the 4 infinity reference 6x9's in the doors. (1 channel per side). A sony cdx-7000 runs the system. I can't even begin to say how nice it sounds. It can be subtle or rattle your cavities off depending how you set it and no distortion!

Old 01-24-2001, 09:41 AM
Lanzar is good *****. A little pricy though. I believe it ranks up there with PPI and sorts.

Old 02-12-2001, 10:26 PM
Thumbs up

hey, lanzar is pretty good. I currently run three lanzar comp speakers in my truck attached to ppi amps. An no one complaims the speakers R sweet and they can handle alot power. I was running just one 12" and everyone who heard would swear there were two 12" woofers in my cab. So they do work and they last i have had mine in for over 2yrs.

Quick Reply: Anyone heard of Lanzar?