Search this Thread

Old 07-01-1999, 08:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just bought a Sony head cdx880 and Sony amp xm5046 and would like to know where everyone is running their wires. I bought a amp installion kit(street wires brand)which has an 8gauge wire to run from the battery to amp. Is there a hole big enough in the firwall already or do I need to drill one. I hope to mount the amp under the driver seat or is there a better place for the amp. Iam new at this so Iam hoping someone here can help me.

------------------
97 F150 XLT, 5.4, EXTANG, SUPERCHIP,EDELBROCK SHOCKS,REAR SLIDER, GIBSON CAT-BACK,BOSCH +4,HELLWIG SWAY BAR,AIRAID.

Old 07-01-1999, 09:19 AM
Alright, There is a large hole in the fire wall just behind your gas pedal area. I don't have carpet so I just pulled the plastic floor back and there it was. I have to figure it's there on yours. It's got a rubber stopper in it. Just cut an X in the stopper and run your wire through. As far as placement of the Amp. Under the drivers seat should be fine, My crossover is mounted there.

------------------
98 F150 2WD,Bright Red, Regular Cab, 4.2, 3.55 Superchip, 3 Inch Bullseye Lift Spindles, Manik Grill Guard,Nerf Bars, Vent Visors, Fog lights, Kc Lights, Alpine CD Player, 2 Kenwood Amps, Tinted Windows. And Coming Soon: 3&1/2 Inch Fabtech Lift Kit, 16x8 American Racing Baja Wheels Wrapped With 33's

Old 07-01-1999, 09:32 AM
CCLA: Thanks I'll look for the hole tonight when I get home.

------------------
97 F150 XLT, 5.4, EXTANG, SUPERCHIP,EDELBROCK SHOCKS,REAR SLIDER, GIBSON CAT-BACK,BOSCH +4,HELLWIG SWAY BAR,AIRAID.

Old 07-29-1999, 09:17 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I use the rubber grommet above gas pedal EASY

Old 01-01-2001, 01:30 AM
Question

Did anyone get alternator whine crossing the engine compartment with the power wire? Did you use the plastic wire tray to conceal the wire?

I am installing a 4 AWG wire from the battery back to the rear. Is there a place to get thru the firewall on the passenger side? I would prefer the power wire go on that side due to the amp setup. (power on passenger side and rca's on drivers side of amp) I would prefer to not go from the pass side to the drivers and back.

Old 01-02-2001, 02:11 PM
I found a hole with a rubber gromet on the passenger side under the carpet. This is where I brought in the wire from the battery, I ran it under that door panel with a few other power wires.

My rca's I ran underneath the carpet directly to the amp, using the shortest rt I could manage.

Old 01-04-2001, 05:04 PM
Talking

I've ran 8 ga. two different ways. You can run it from the battery to the firewall...underneath the cowel plastic, through a "bracket" and down, into the LARGE grommet above the "go pedal"...then under the carpet and the kick panels. OR, you can run it from the battery, under the cowel cover inside the front quarter panel and through the insulation to the SMALL grommet into the area where the "fuel shut-off switch" is...then under the carpet and kick plates. You will have to use a coat hanger between the cracks in the open door, and push it though the insulation at the top and fish it into the area where the battery is though the quarter panel.

-AR

------------------
2001 F-150 XLT 4x4 Off-Road, SuperCab, Flareside, Black[*] 4.6L Triton V8 HPI[*] 5 Speed / 3:55 Reg. Axle[*] Keyless[*] Premium Audio CD

Mods:[*] K&N Cold Airbox / Throttle Body Mod.[*] 3" Cat-Back (No Muffler, Turn-Down)[*] Cranked Torsion Bars[*] APC XENON PLASMA Super Whites[*] Bugshield[*] Bedliner[*] Ventshades[*] Taillight Covers (Slotted)[*] "Light Argent" 4x4 Off-Road Decals[*] FOX Stickers (Front & Rear Windows[/i])[*] K&N & Flowmaster Stickers (Under the Hood)

Audio:[*] Rockford Fosgate G360A2 Punch Amp[*] JL 12W3-D2 (JL ProWedge Box)

Build Date: 8/23/00 (Kansas City Plant)

arobbins@mail.liberty.k12.mo.us

Quick Reply: LOCATION