HELP!!! Where are the rear speaker wires?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2000, 01:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy HELP!!! Where are the rear speaker wires?

I got my JL 12W6 today, and a Rockford 360A2. I've got it all setup, but I don't have an input for the amp. It has a built in "line level converter" / "high level input", but how do I get to the factory wires for both rear speakers? I have a Super cab. Theirs got to be an easier way to get to the rear speaker wires then to take the whole damned back seat out, and pull the "piller" panels out. How are the factory wires ran from the head unit? Thanks!!!

-AR

------------------
2001 F-150 XLT 4X4 Off-Road, S/C, FS, Black[*] 4.6L Triton V8 (Romeo, 20 HP Increase)[*] 5 Speed / 3:55 Reg. Axle[*] Keyless[*] Premium Audio CD

Mods.[*] K&N Cold Airbox / Throttle Body Mod.[*] Flowmaster 40 (3" x 20" "Turn-Down") [*] Cranked Torsion Bars[*] APC XENON PLASMA Super Whites[*] Bugshield[*] Bedliner[*] Ventshades[*] "Light Argent" 4X4 Off-Road Decals[*] K&N & Flowmaster Stickers (Under the Hood)

Build Date: 8/23/00 (Kansas City Plant)

arobbins@mail.liberty.k12.mo.us

Old 11-13-2000, 03:22 PM
On my 97 F150, the audio speakers that run to the back are located in the kick panel beside the emergency brake. The wire harness feeds in from the top of the metal chassis, then run over to the head unit.
Maybe the same on 2001???

Old 11-13-2000, 03:33 PM
Talking

Figured it out...in my truck, the wires are in the harness, that run down behind the passenger side kick plate. At about the passenger seat, where the seat belt bolts to the floor, the driver's side wires branch off to the other side, where the seat belts bolt down on the driver's seat. Thanks.

-AR

Quick Reply: HELP!!! Where are the rear speaker wires?