where to run power wire

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2000, 08:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question where to run power wire

I was planing to run my amp power wire under the truck and up behined the seat(there is allready a hole there) apposed to drilling through the fire wall, is this a good idea???

Old 05-12-2000, 04:47 PM
why dont you just run it along side the drivers side under the carpet just pop off the moldings and lay it there. just make sure you dont run the rca's on the same side otherwise you probably get ground noise

Old 05-13-2000, 01:27 PM
Red face

DO NOT RUN YOUR WIRES OUTSIDE. As Jbrac suggested run them near the door sill. One, this a very clean look. Two, with wires exposed outside all it takes is a cut in the plastic cover to cause those expensive copper wires to start turning green and some day break apart. Three for optimal sound quality you would want to run all of you speaker wire on the passanger side. This will limit the amount of noise you get in your system. I hate drilling through the wall to but trust me and the hundreds of installers out their, DRILL THOUGH THAT WALL!

Old 05-21-2000, 05:03 PM
just remember run power wire, and RCA's down seperate sides of the truck...

------------------
99 f150 regular cab..Eclipse CD,Kicker mids,sub,and amps...Flowmaster duals,K&N Gen II....more to come...Sounddomain Install pics <A HREF="http://www.members.sounddomain.com/pacman

]www.sounddomain.com/19399

[/URL]" TARGET=_blank>www.members.sounddomain.com/pacman

]www.sounddomain.com/19399

[/URL]</A>

Quick Reply: where to run power wire