amp

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-1999, 10:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question amp

I have a 99 ford f150 supercab. It came with a standard am/fm cassette. I found out that it just packs 24 watts and want something louder. I bought a 100 amp. How do I hook it up? Should I buy more speakers? Or should I just trash the factory system and have something decent installed.
I think it's pretty pathetic that you pay $28,000 for something and the stereo isn't worth $50. They need to get rid of the junk.

------------------
99 f150 supercab,wedgewood blue,4.6 v8, soft tonneau cover, and bugshield, so far no real mods.:-(

Old 08-03-1999, 10:14 PM
You should have gotten the premium sound system. It's not great by any means, but it's better than the standard one.

------------------
keith@myf150.com
http://www.myf150.com

1999 F-150 XLT Styleside, Black On Black, SuperCab, Short Bed, 4x4, ORP, 4.6L Auto, 3.55LS

Add-Ons: Extang Sabre Soft Tonneau (For Sale!), DrawTite Class III Hitch, Smittybilt Outland Grill Guard/Brush Guards, KC Daylighters, Custom Dual Exhaust-Straight Out The Back, Airaid FIPK, SuperChips Chip, Bug Deflector, Pace-Edwards Roll-Top Bed Cover on the way!

Old 08-03-1999, 10:20 PM
Angry

They were supposed to put it in, but they lied to me and then decided that the payoff on my trade in would leave them with nothing. Now they tell me that it costs like $1200. For that I'll buy something decent.

------------------
99 f150 supercab,wedgewood blue,4.6 v8, soft tonneau cover, and bugshield, so far no real mods.:-(

Old 08-03-1999, 10:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You can buy a "premuim" sound system for pennies on the dollar if you can live with a used one.
Many people have upgraded the so called "premium systems" so finding a used one cheap shouldn't be hard.
They make an amp bypass adapter for premium stereos that will allow you to use your aftermarket amp. (the factory one is almost impossible to install due to it's location)
Make sure it is a 99 though, the older ones won't work.
If you want a new one check radiosandmore.com

Quick Reply: amp