Amp behind the console?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-1999, 05:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amp behind the console?

In one of the other topics some talked about mounting the amp under a seat, but would there be room to mount an amp on the back wall behind the fold down console in a single cab?

Old 06-23-1999, 11:29 PM
I think it would depend on how big the amp is, and also how far back you would want your seat to go, I have my amps mounted on the back wall, but I lost some room because of the box I had built for the subs so I can't move it back all the way.

------------------
98 XLT, 4.6L V8, Reg. Cab, S/S, Dark tinted windows, Rancho Hard Cover, Better Build Bed Rails, Lund Lunar Visor, Headlight/Tailight Covers, Deflecta-shield window guards and bug shield, Sony CD player, DEI 5 1/4" component set in front, 2 12" JL W-4 subs, Kicker ZR600 & ZX460 Amps

Old 06-24-1999, 02:46 PM
Hobie,

I have two 12" pioneer subs, and i need to have a custom box built because i want it to fit behind the seat in my regular cab. With your box, what size are your subs, and how many cubic feet is your box?

Thanks!
Chris

------------------
Ford F-150 XL
Black/Grey 2-tone
Standard Cab/Long Bed
Auto 3.55 gears
V6 (yeah, I know it's no v-8, but at least it's a FORD, right?)

Old 06-25-1999, 07:17 PM
Chris,
I also have to 12" subs...JL W-4's to be exact. I had a box custom built for the cab also...I think mine is around 1-1.25 cubic feet. The only problem is I can't move the seat all the way back, but hey, I am short so it doesn't really bother me that much. I have my amps mounted directly above the box...that is something you could do...what kind of amp were you gonna put in there??

Chaz

------------------
98 XLT, 4.6L V8, Reg. Cab, S/S, Dark tinted windows, Rancho Hard Cover, Better Build Bed Rails, Lund Lunar Visor, Headlight/Tailight Covers, Deflecta-shield window guards and bug shield, Sony CD player, DEI 5 1/4" component set in front, 2 12" JL W-4 subs, Kicker ZR600 & ZX460 Amps

Old 06-27-1999, 06:17 PM
Hobie,

I am probably going to go with an all pioneer system including the amp, the 922 is the one i'm getting. have you heard anything good/bad about pioneer amps and/or subs?

Thanks,
Chris

------------------
Ford F-150 XL
Black/Grey 2-tone
Standard Cab/Long Bed
Auto 3.55 gears

Old 06-27-1999, 06:35 PM
Chris,

What model Sub are you getting?? The Premier series ones that have the Nickel in the cone I have heard some really good things about. The standard Pioneer subs I have not heard, but looking at the specs look to be an ok sub. I think you should be ok with that type of sub. The amps also seem to be a pretty good selection, I don't think you could go wrong with any Pioneer stuff. They do make some really nice stuff, so it should sound pretty good. Let me know how it sounds when it is does and if you need any other info then please ask, I'll give what ever info I can.

Chaz

------------------

Old 06-30-1999, 03:11 AM
Hobie,

I am getting the 12" Pionner "Diamondplate Look" ones in DVC, and they should be in any day w/ luck Thanks for your help!!!

Chris

------------------
Ford F-150 XL
Black/Grey 2-tone
Standard Cab/Long Bed
Auto 3.55 gears

Old 07-01-1999, 02:43 AM
Chris,
Good choice, they should work pretty well for you. It's good to have compontents all from the same company...they are kinda made to go together, so it should work great for you. With the box they will have to build...they might need to take out the storage bin..that's what they did for mine and my box fit perfectly inbetween where the bin would bolt down..I don't know the box requirements for those so I don't know what they are gonna do...where are you from and is a local shop doing all of this for you?

Chaz

------------------

Old 07-03-1999, 12:58 AM
QUESTION: HOW TO ROUTE CABLES? I know to run the power cable oppsite side from the speaker wires, but what about the remote power for the amp. My Sony head has a blue lead wire thats labled "RMT PWR" so which group of wires should I run that cable with? (speaker or 12v wire) Thanks

------------------
97 F150 XLT, 5.4, EXTANG, SUPERCHIP,EDELBROCK SHOCKS,REAR SLIDER, GIBSON CAT-BACK,BOSCH +4,HELLWIG SWAY BAR,AIRAID.

Old 07-04-1999, 12:05 AM
I would run the remote wire along with the 12V wire...they both go to the same side of the amp and all...so that's what I would do. Mine are set up like that.

Chaz

------------------

Old 07-06-1999, 12:03 AM
Chaz,

What "storage bin" are you talking about? I dont think i have one. You may have the 40/20/40 seat and it has one, where as I have the bench seat. Let me know. Also, I am from Paso Robles, CA. I'm going to let either a place called RadTunes or Upstairs Car Audio do it, and yes they are both local shops.

Chris

------------------
Ford F-150 XL
Black/Grey 2-tone
Standard Cab/Long Bed w/Bedliner
Auto 3.55 gears
Pioneer p-7000 Head Unit, (2) 12" Pioneer Subs, 800w Pioneer Amp, Pioneer 6x8's

Old 07-06-1999, 08:29 AM
FordMX, the "storage bin" is behind the seat on my 99 standard cab. I have the 40/20/40 seat and its there. I hate to say it but compared to the dodge standard cab system, its useless. If you dont have it, you havent missed out on much.

------------------
White 1999 F150 4X4 XLT Regular Cab, 5.4L Short bed, 373 Rear, Towing & Off Road Pkg, 6 Disk CD, Keyless Entry

Mods Include : Superchip, Flowmaster exhaust, Chrome bed rails and Smittybilt nerfs, Full window tint,
K&N filter, Ventshade window deflectors. Triton boats tag on front - BASS sticker in rear glass

Old 07-06-1999, 11:44 PM
Chris,
I do have the 40/20/40 seat...so that is why I do have the storage bin I guess. I haven't seen behind the bench seat in the new ones, so I don't know what the box would be like. That storage bin is pretty useless...they asked me if they could take it out I said go right the hell ahead..I don't use it. I don't think anyone does for that matter.

Chaz

------------------

Old 08-01-1999, 01:37 PM
That storage bin is totally useless. At the shop they asked me "We might have to take out the storage bin so we can fit the box back there, do you mind?" I said "hell no...anyway you can get that box back there do it!!"

Chaz

------------------
98 XLT, 4.6L V8, Reg. Cab, S/S, Dark tinted windows, Ranch Hard Tonneau Cover, Better Built Bed Rails, Lund Lunar Visor, Smitty Bilt Sure Step Bars, Headlight/Tailight Covers, Deflecta-shield window guards and bug shield, Duraliner Bed Liner, Alpine CDA-7832 CD player, Kicker Resolution 5.2 component set in front, 2 12" Kicker Solobaric Subs, Kicker ZR600 & ZX460 Amps, Monster Cable 1 farad IntelliCap

Old 08-02-1999, 12:49 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The space back there is much better used for subwoofers than the cheesy storage system

Quick Reply: Amp behind the console?