2006 Supercrew Amp Power Wire?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 06:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 Supercrew Amp Power Wire?

I need some help in figuring out how to run a 4 gauge power wire from the engine compartment into the passenger side of the truck. I am trying to hook up my amp and sub, but can't figure out where to run the power wire through the firewall. 2006 F-150 Supercrew

Old 12-05-2008, 06:27 PM
Okay I think I found the answer to my question, but now have one more LOL. If I run the power through the firewall behind the battery box, what is the easiest way to get it through the firewall? Remove battery and battery box?

Old 12-05-2008, 06:52 PM
I've always gone through the rubber gromet up high on the driver's side.

Old 12-10-2008, 02:07 AM
Thanks nvrenufedge I found the gromet!

Old 12-29-2008, 10:17 PM
Remove the two 10mm bolts holding your radiator reservoir to the fender on the driver side. Take a long slim screw driver and carefully push through the Grommet on the firewall. check inside of cab to make sure you are not hitting anything. You might want to pull the cab carpet out the way too. This is were all my wiring is coming into the cab! just make sure you use wire loom to protect the wire until it runs in the wire tray along the door jams. there is a second point under the driver floor and carpet just before the seat.
Good Luck,
Albert

Old 02-03-2009, 01:46 PM
Passenger side gomlet?

Is there one on the passenger side, given the battery is on that side of the truck?

Also, just wondering, is there a cable already in the cabinet that I can tap into for the amp?

Old 02-07-2009, 12:31 AM
Whats a wire loom?

Old 02-07-2009, 01:15 AM
there is another grommet that is located behind the gas pedal and brake pedal that is really easy to get to and has a fairly large grommet.

it should really have some wire loom on it though

Old 02-08-2009, 12:31 AM
Down and underneath is the shortest easiest way on these trucks. PERIOD.

Old 02-08-2009, 09:12 AM
Originally Posted by fordman03
Whats a wire loom?

Try googling it, its usually black or grey, but can come in many colors..
It looks like a tubing with, idk how to explain it ribs on it.. its plastic i guess and, well, you put the gauge wires in there or any wires.. I think you can find some under your hood...

Originally Posted by Low_e_Red
Down and underneath is the shortest easiest way on these trucks. PERIOD.
Not really good at sounds, but how can i do this...??? wont the wire be like hanging on the battery n sh*t... What would I ziptie it too or
yeah...

Rather than having it come into the vehicle from drivers side , then goes diaganol to the rear passenger... :S I think it would at least save me 3 ft of gauge wire ..

Last edited by cH1rO420; 02-08-2009 at 09:15 AM.
Old 02-08-2009, 12:54 PM
Its easy, run wire down back behind battery (between plastic and chassis). Then run the wire through the holes on the underside of the body (it looks like it was made for it). Then up through the grommet at the rear of the Passenger Sill. Then its straight to the back wall.

Should take all of 5-8 minutes to run.

Old 02-08-2009, 11:51 PM
Originally Posted by cH1rO420
Try googling it, its usually black or grey, but can come in many colors..
It looks like a tubing with, idk how to explain it ribs on it.. its plastic i guess and, well, you put the gauge wires in there or any wires.. I think you can find some under your hood...

Not really good at sounds, but how can i do this...??? wont the wire be like hanging on the battery n sh*t... What would I ziptie it too or
yeah...

Rather than having it come into the vehicle from drivers side , then goes diaganol to the rear passenger... :S I think it would at least save me 3 ft of gauge wire ..
haha sounds....

The only way your takin a 4awg wire diaganol acoss the cab from the drivers front to the passanger rear is going to be taking your seats and console out.

Old 02-08-2009, 11:56 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by Low_e_Red
Its easy, run wire down back behind battery (between plastic and chassis). Then run the wire through the holes on the underside of the body (it looks like it was made for it). Then up through the grommet at the rear of the Passenger Sill. Then its straight to the back wall.

Should take all of 5-8 minutes to run.
Once i stopped being retarded, it took me 5-8 minutes. but it took me closer to 30 minutes to stop being retarded.

Old 02-09-2009, 01:30 AM
Originally Posted by mSaLL150
Once i stopped being retarded, it took me 5-8 minutes. but it took me closer to 30 minutes to stop being retarded.
Doesnt surprise me, its you.

Old 02-09-2009, 09:11 AM
Originally Posted by Sundevil2188
haha sounds....

The only way your takin a 4awg wire diaganol acoss the cab from the drivers front to the passanger rear is going to be taking your seats and console out.
Lemme tell ya this TRICKS buddeh...I didnt have to remove any seats at all neither the console..
From the front I put the wire beneath the AC.. foot ac I guess? it has vents and its in the middle.... OK.. Then we cut a small portion of carpet somewhere behind the bench seat in the middle.. Put a PVC pipe in and on the other side inserted the wire.. From there we pulled the pipe out that is pulling towards the back.. then VWOLA!
We did it so.. I dont know how can you say we have to take out the seats.. :P
But im looking forward to doing the way from battery to the rear.. sounds perfect!

Quick Reply: 2006 Supercrew Amp Power Wire?