Installing Amp with stock radio....HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 12:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Installing Amp with stock radio....HELP!

I just recently bought a 2004 extended cab F150 and I want to put my old sound system into my truck without taking out the stock radio. I really like the stock 6 disc cd changer. Anyway I already have my subs (2 12' MTX), the box to fit under the backseat, and my amp (MTX 250 watt Road Thunder RT251D). I personally have not installed anything like this b/4 so I was wondering if anybody could explain to me how I needed to go about wiring my amp to the radio. Any advice would help Thanks

Old 04-02-2008, 01:15 PM
I am a noob at most of this but I think you will need a line out converter that taps into the stock speaker wire. You will run your rca's to the line out converter. You will run the remote turn on wire from your amp to one of the wires on your factory radio. Should have a remote turn on wire or accessory wire you can tap into. Get a amp wiring kit and run it from the battery through the firewall to the amp location. That should get you started. Others with more knowledge should chime in.

Old 04-02-2008, 01:16 PM
You need to get a LOC (line out converter).. Do you have a stock sub under that seat now?

Jon

Old 04-02-2008, 08:22 PM
No my truck does not have the stock sub in it.

Old 04-03-2008, 01:27 AM
Originally Posted by wakebrdr142
I am a noob at most of this but I think you will need a line out converter that taps into the stock speaker wire. You will run your rca's to the line out converter. You will run the remote turn on wire from your amp to one of the wires on your factory radio. Should have a remote turn on wire or accessory wire you can tap into. Get a amp wiring kit and run it from the battery through the firewall to the amp location. That should get you started. Others with more knowledge should chime in.
Got it

Now how are you a wakeboarder in a landlocked state...?

Old 04-03-2008, 02:41 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Pics for your install....

I hope the original poster chimes in because I cannot remember who did this install. However I did bookmark it for a future project. Here's a step-by-step with pics:
https://www.f150online.com/galleries....cfm?num=11013

Old 04-03-2008, 03:21 AM
Originally Posted by StoveTop
I hope the original poster chimes in because I cannot remember who did this install. However I did bookmark it for a future project. Here's a step-by-step with pics:
https://www.f150online.com/galleries....cfm?num=11013
There are many better ways to run the wires... Plus he used a seat bolt...

But he had the right goal...

Quick Reply: Installing Amp with stock radio....HELP!