adding an amp

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 11:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
adding an amp

I have a 2008 King Ranch with the audiophile system. I want to change the sub and the amp. What is the best approach. I have been building systems for years but its a different animal now. I don't want to take out the navi, and there may be a factory 4ch. amp to consider (not really sure). I also gather that the factory head unit may have subwoofer eq curves already programmed into the deck and the subwoofer preouts are limited as to how low (hz) they will allow. I am planning on doing a P.A.C. line level converter off the rear channel(s) instead of the sub preouts, to avoid the subwoofer eq curves, then the normal RCA's, ZX 400.1 amp, and CVT 8" in the factory box. Anybody know (long shot) the volume of the oem enclosure. Tell me what you think.

Old 03-14-2008, 08:48 PM
Originally Posted by Joe'sSCAB
I have a 2008 King Ranch with the audiophile system. I want to change the sub and the amp. What is the best approach. I have been building systems for years but its a different animal now. I don't want to take out the navi, and there may be a factory 4ch. amp to consider (not really sure). I also gather that the factory head unit may have subwoofer eq curves already programmed into the deck and the subwoofer preouts are limited as to how low (hz) they will allow. I am planning on doing a P.A.C. line level converter off the rear channel(s) instead of the sub preouts, to avoid the subwoofer eq curves, then the normal RCA's, ZX 400.1 amp, and CVT 8" in the factory box. Anybody know (long shot) the volume of the oem enclosure. Tell me what you think.
SEARCH!!!

Old 03-17-2008, 03:29 PM
you're creative. thanks

Quick Reply: adding an amp