Two amps or one...That is the question!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 06:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Two amps or one...That is the question!!!

Silly me, I was checking some of my equipment last night, just seeing what was in stock at the house and here is my dilema. I have a 05 supercab and am getting ready to upgrade the sound drastically. I have Kicker RS 6.5" components for the front doors. I just decided last night I was not going to instal the Kicker CompVT 6.5" shallow subs in the rear doors. I have a feeling it would rattle too much. Instead I'm going to go with Polk dB 6.5" I already have. I'm looking for an enclosure to mount under the rear seat for the CompVT's.

Next issue was the amp I had planned to use turned out to be a 2 channel 800W instead of the 4 channel I thought it was. I'm trying decided if I should buy a 6 channel to run all the speaker or a 4 channel in addition to the 2 channel. I'm leaning torwards the 6 channel because 800W is way to much power for the CompVT subs. Any opinions?

Old 02-25-2008, 10:11 AM
There are a few options that would fit the bill quite nicely.

Kicker 700.5
JL (cant remember the model number right now....chime in anytime Low)
Memphis MCH600

Any of these would make your system sing and make the install 10x easier.

Old 02-25-2008, 12:36 PM
Originally Posted by Crewwzin
JL (cant remember the model number right now....chime in anytime Low)
JL 500/5...

Nice amp.

Old 02-25-2008, 04:23 PM
Thank you both for the suggestions. I think I'm falling in love with the Kicker ZX700.5. Any chance you know where I can get the measurement for building a box to fit under the rear seat in a SuperCab?

Old 02-25-2008, 06:54 PM
Originally Posted by mikeltn
Thank you both for the suggestions. I think I'm falling in love with the Kicker ZX700.5. Any chance you know where I can get the measurement for building a box to fit under the rear seat in a SuperCab?

I dont know of anyone who has posted dimensions for one of those boxes. Best thing to do is grab a tape measure and go to work. Or you could buy one of those pre-fab boxes, but who would wanna do that?

Old 02-25-2008, 07:55 PM
JL also makes another 5/6 channel.

500/5
A6450

Old 02-25-2008, 08:39 PM
Originally Posted by Crewwzin
I dont know of anyone who has posted dimensions for one of those boxes. Best thing to do is grab a tape measure and go to work. Or you could buy one of those pre-fab boxes, but who would wanna do that?
I have a propensity for power tools and all things bigger and better. I support you view and appreciate the encouragement. I'll try to post some pics this weekend once I get my install rolling. Should make for some fun times indeed.

Quick Reply: Two amps or one...That is the question!!!