Rookie Install w/Pics

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 10:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rookie Install w/Pics

Well here is my first install. Amp was already under rear seat on hump with a small box and single 10" Kicker. I relocated amp to the rear wall on plywood. I used press it threaded mounts on the back of the board with bolts to mount amp. Why you ask???? after doing it I still don't know. Lots of work for a simple mount. I installed a TMA 500.1 amp and 2-Kicker CVT's in a Supercrew Sound box.
The only problem I had was with the clips for the rear seat. I was trying to pull back on the larger clip thinking it was the right one. NOPE!!!! Under the thicker one is a very thin one that is the correct one. i went down to a local shop for advice and the guy pulled it out and showed me. Didn't want to charge me so I tipped him instead. Pulling out will be easy now that I know what to actually push back to unclip.

All I can say is wow what a difference the box and second sub makes. Here are a few pics.

What do you think?

Old 02-10-2008, 11:26 PM
Wont that amp run to hot back like that they need space to cool and what about adjusting it you will always want to tweak it Look like you did a nice job beats paying a shop right

Old 02-11-2008, 02:38 AM
Originally Posted by shanecaseber
Wont that amp run to hot back like that they need space to cool and what about adjusting it you will always want to tweak it Look like you did a nice job beats paying a shop right
Nah, normally no heat problems.

Looks good for a first time.

Old 02-11-2008, 03:58 AM
Originally Posted by bangingd
Well here is my first install. Amp was already under rear seat on hump with a small box and single 10" Kicker. I relocated amp to the rear wall on plywood. I used press it threaded mounts on the back of the board with bolts to mount amp. Why you ask???? after doing it I still don't know. Lots of work for a simple mount. I installed a TMA 500.1 amp and 2-Kicker CVT's in a Supercrew Sound box.
The only problem I had was with the clips for the rear seat. I was trying to pull back on the larger clip thinking it was the right one. NOPE!!!! Under the thicker one is a very thin one that is the correct one. i went down to a local shop for advice and the guy pulled it out and showed me. Didn't want to charge me so I tipped him instead. Pulling out will be easy now that I know what to actually push back to unclip.

All I can say is wow what a difference the box and second sub makes. Here are a few pics.

What do you think?

did you re carpet yourself? if so great job!

Old 02-11-2008, 09:06 AM
I used factory carpet on the back wall and covered the box myself. (It used to be tan.)

Old 02-11-2008, 10:21 AM
looks good for your first time

Old 02-11-2008, 10:54 AM
looks good for your first time

Old 02-11-2008, 04:49 PM
looks great, i'm looking to do something similar. How is the plywood board mounted? what kind of screws?

Old 02-11-2008, 05:02 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Nice work!

Soon i will be doing my first install behind the seat. Ive done several installs under the seats and a couple installs in my friends' cars, but never done any work behind that seat. Its going to involve multiple amps, distro blocks, and LOTS of dynamat. Coming soon, hopefully.

Old 02-13-2008, 07:44 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks very good , nice pics . Alot of guys on this site talk like pro's , but never show pics of their vehicle .

Old 02-13-2008, 10:16 AM
Originally Posted by 1bad86vmax
Looks very good , nice pics . Alot of guys on this site talk like pro's , but never show pics of their vehicle .
I have pics out there. Run a search.

Old 02-13-2008, 11:00 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Low E
Do you have some sort of complex ? What makes you think I was referring to you ?

Quick Reply: Rookie Install w/Pics